Thunder is Puzzled/Or Thunder’s Puzzle - You Choose!

Thunder

Why is it taking longer and longer each week to come up with something to write about for the required 6 tpe?  It’s not like anyone reads this shit I write anyway.  Doesn’t matter.  When I joined this league I decided early on that I wanted to get as many TPE I could.  As the seasons go by, its getting more difficult to achieve that goal.

Well… I’m gonna try something new.  Partly because I’ve run out of shit to write about, and the other part is those damn trivia questions are tough sometimes.  Therefore, I’m turning the table and giving you an opportunity to solve something without getting any tpe for it!  This is a puzzle and in order to solve it, you have to actually read it to come up with the correct responses.  Now, I know @Scurvy won’t be reading it because he doesn’t want to!  And @ScottyP won’t try because as scurvy says at least 5 times a day, “that boy’s dumb.”  So here goes.  And remember, I’m only doing this for the tpe and you dont get anything for solving the puzzle!  Also, the names selected were at random as I was looking at the list and selected simple names to type.

Puzzle #1

Recently a VHL hockey game took place, (you won’t find the game, I’m making it up.).  During the game, there are four players who are known for certain penalties.  The penalties these players are famous for are:

Slashing

Boarding

Roughing

Diving

The four players are:  Jacob Stone, @scoop; Ronan Lavelle, @Arce; Nico Pearce, @Spartan ; and Jimi Jaks, @kelvi  Each player spent either 2 minutes, 4 minutes, 6 minutes, or 10 minutes in the box.

Using the clues listed below, you have to determine which player got called for which penalty and how many minutes that player spent in the penalty box.  Yes, I realize this is an easily solved puzzle but right now my brain is fried and my interest level in typing something up to earn TPE is at an all time low so I’m giving this a shot.  if you feel like solving it, go ahead!  Given how easy it is, I expect it to take less than 5 minutes, well… unless you’re Rip Wheeler!

1.Nico Pearce, is an undisciplined player and he did not get 2 minutes or for 4 minutes of penalties during the game.  He got more!

2.  Someone was a slasher and spent a total of 6 minutes in the penalty time during the game.

3.  Jacob Stone and Nico Pearce each got more than 2 minutes of penalty time.  Further, the player who got only 2 minutes of penalty time didnt get called for boarding.

4.  Someone is known for diving, and that player spent 4 minutes in the box.  By the way, it’s not Nico Pearce, but you already knew that!

5.  Ronan Lavelle, the most undisciplined player in the game, spent 10 minutes in the penalty box, for what?  You figure it out!

Those are all the clues you need to solve the puzzle.  Now, if you thought that was painfully easy, or just plain painful, and you want to suffer through another twisted mind game from Thunder, then keep reading, because there is more!  I have to keep typing in order to get 1000 words so I can claim for two weeks instead of one week.

This second puzzle is a little more involved and includes goalies.  It’s up to you if you want to try to get it right.  And of course, its all made up so don’t take offense if your player didnt perform as well as you think they should.

Puzzle #2

This puzzle involves four skaters against four goalies.  The object for you is to determine who faced off against which goalie, how many goals each player scored, and how many shots each player took.  Below is everything you need to know to solve it.

Skaters:

Brendan Marner @MetalToday

The Frenchman @OrbitingDeath

Oreo McFleury @JB123

Pete Mitchell @Crstats23

Goalies:

Lachlan Summers @kirbithan

Jesse Teno @aimkin

Alexander Minion @UnknownMinion

Art Vandelay @Gustav

Here are all the clues you need to know to figure out how many goals each skater scored and how many shots each skater took against which goalie.  To make it simple, your choices of goals are 1, 2, 3, 4, and your choices of shots taken are 5, 7, 10, 15.

1.  Brendan Marner did not shoot against Lachlan Summers and did not score 4 goals.

2.  Oreo McFleury did not take the most shots.

3.  The skater who shot against Lachlan Summers took more than 5 shots.

4.  Art Vandelay allowed 2 goals, and the skater who scored those goals took more than 7 shots against Art Vandelay.

5.  Jesse Teno allowed 3 goals, and she did not get shot at 10 times.

6.   Pete Mitchell took only 5 shots and did not score 3 goals.  Not only that, he did not face off against Lachlan Summers nor Art Vandelay.

7.  The skater who shot against Art Vandelay, the skater who took 15 shots, and Brendan Marner, scored either 2 goals, 3 goals, or 4 goals.

If you do solve the puzzles, feel free to reply to this thread with your answers and I will verify your accuracy with two thumbs up!  I’m not skilled enough to have a hidden answer sheet, or a button to click to confirm your correct score either.  The only thing I can tell you is that I have followed the clues provided and I have been able to get the right answers!  Now, only scurvy and Scottyp are in a position to know that me getting the right answers is a feat on its own!  But like I said before, scurvy never even got this far in the thread to read this.  He keeps telling me that we should do a podcast sometime to get TPE, but that’s further down the road.  That would require over 30 minutes of mental acuity and concentration to accomplish just one week of TPE for both of us, and I’m not ready to do that.  And since I have the best signature thanks to orbiting death, there is no need to take a leap into the graphic scene to accomplish tpe.  Basically what I’m saying is, you’re stuck with this crap you just read!

1064 words

I got for #1:

Jimi Jaks - 2 min. for roughing

Jacob Stone - 4 min. for diving

Nico Pearce - 6 min. for slashing

Ronan Lavelle - 10 min. for boarding

I got for #2:

Brendan Marner vs Jesse Teno - 3 goals, 7 shots

Oreo McFleury vs Art Vandelay - 2 goals, 10 shots

Pete Mitchell vs Alexander Minion - 1 goal, 5 shots

The Frenchman vs Lachlan Summers - 4 goals, 15 shots

Hope I'm right!