S89 WJC GM Application

Zetterberg

Kt5Tb0i.png

S89 World Junior Championship
General Manager Application

Hello everybody!

Just a quick update:
The WJC will now have a host team and be played in a city every season. This season Team World will be hosting the championship in the historical city of Giza in Egypt! Why Giza? To help promote hockey's expansion into non-traditional markets. (It's actually because @samx wouldn't let me do Nuuk or Geneva 😡)

Now on to the job application,
For those unfamiliar with the WJC there are 5 teams that will be needing GMs:

1wWp1dr.png Canada 1wWp1dr.png       lUc5NSU.png  USA  lUc5NSU.png      040kHLV.png Europe 040kHLV.png       b26hUmC.png Asia b26hUmC.png        RG7BdTk.png World RG7BdTk.png

This is a starter job so no experience is needed it's a great way to start getting into VHL management. 
If selected you will be responsible for:

-Picking a roster to represent your nation

-Learning how to create lines and strategies in STHS

-Creating a fun and active atmosphere for your team (very important)

-To be ready to spread some WJC HYPE!

We will guide you through the whole process so there is nothing to worry about. All we ask is that you be committed. Interviews will start right away and hirings to made within a couple of days. Reply to this thread to apply

(Make sure you can download the STHS client which you can get here: link)

Good luck to all applicants! 

hFT8JQB.png - Ry24FKH.png

Edited by Zetterberg

21 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

Kt5Tb0i.png

S89 World Junior Championship
General Manager Application

Hello everybody!

Just a quick update:
The WJC will now have a host team and be played in a city every season. This season Team World will be hosting the championship in the historical city of Giza in Egypt! Why Giza? To help promote hockey's expansion into non-traditional markets. (It's actually because @samx wouldn't let me do Nuuk or Geneva 😡)

Now on to the job application,
For those unfamiliar with the WJC there are 5 teams that will be needing GMs:

1wWp1dr.png Canada 1wWp1dr.png       lUc5NSU.png  USA  lUc5NSU.png      040kHLV.png Europe 040kHLV.png       b26hUmC.png Asia b26hUmC.png        RG7BdTk.png World RG7BdTk.png

This is a starter job so no experience is needed it's a great way to start getting into VHL management. 
If selected you will be responsible for:

-Picking a roster to represent your nation

-Learning how to create lines and strategies in STHS

-Creating a fun and active atmosphere for your team (very important)

-To be ready to spread some WJC HYPE!

We will guide you through the whole process so there is nothing to worry about. All we ask is that you be committed. Interviews will start right away and hirings to made within a couple of days. Reply to this thread to apply

Good luck to all applicants! 

hFT8JQB.png - Ry24FKH.png

I’d like to apply!

On 8/1/2023 at 1:05 PM, Zetterberg said:

What version are we using? V3 3.3.8

And does that mean we have Mac support finally?

12 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Up to the simmer I believe but probably the same as VHL. And iirc @Gustav knows how to do Mac?

13 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

There is no Mac support, even with new versions. I've tried in the past but it's simply way too much effort to try and get it to work. There are some wrapping programs (converting Mac apps to Windows) but depending on the OS version and the wrapping program version, it doesn't work 95% of the time. It worked for me for about 2 months back in 2020, never got it to work outside of that time period.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

There is no Mac support, even with new versions. I've tried in the past but it's simply way too much effort to try and get it to work. There are some wrapping programs (converting Mac apps to Windows) but depending on the OS version and the wrapping program version, it doesn't work 95% of the time. It worked for me for about 2 months back in 2020, never got it to work outside of that time period.

Shit that sucks!!

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Thanks for the quick reply though!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

18 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

6 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

Up to the simmer I believe but probably the same as VHL. And iirc @Gustav knows how to do Mac?

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

I do not apply, but I believe that being genuinely helpful excuses any "no replying if you're not applying" bull that some in Big Sim League like to push.

I have a Mac and I can run STHS on it two ways, one free and one not. Parallels is a program that I don't recommend in general but that I've used for other stuff and it happens to be able to run STHS.

As for the free way, I explain how I personally made it work (to the best of my knowledge) in this article. The main issue with this is that I have no idea how to make it work yourself (Spartan tried it this way). I had to reset my computer after I clicked on something weird on the sketchy website provided and the actual "getting it to work" part was me trying random things for hours on end until it actually did. It still works for me, personally, but I can't guarantee that it will work for you.