S89 Warsaw Predators Jersey Retirements

N0HBDY

A long-awaited jersey retirement for beloved franchise players is not something you get to do every season and this will be the first of hopefully many in my GM career. Today Warsaw will be retiring the jersey's of one of the league's most deadly offensive powerhouse duos since the season they first joined forces.

Zach Kisslinger II @Kisslingerwas drafted in S80 at 14th overall which set him on the path to becoming the franchise leader in Games Played, Goals, Assists, Total Points, and Hits. Throughout his career helped the team achieve a Victory Cup, a Continental Cup, and his own individual award the Scott Boulet Trophy. His tenure with the team preceded my time as GM for the team. Though I can't take the credit for making the terrific decision of drafting him in Season 80 at 14th overall and welcoming him to Warsaw, that belongs to @dlamb, it was a pleasure to have had him for the part of his career I was around for. Here's to the King also returning home to break his own record:cheers:

Brendan Marner @MetalTodaywas drafted in S80 at 21st overall, setting him on a path just behind Zach Kisslinger, if Marner had played just one more season he would surely be sitting above ZKll in many franchise categories. Marner sits T-2nd for games played, 2nd in goals (by 1!!!), 2nd in assists, 2nd in points, 2nd in hits, but 1st in shots and game winning goals. Throughout his career he amassed a respectable amount of combined player/team awards, a Scott Boulet Trophy, Brett Slobodzian Trophy, and Mike Szatkowski Trophy for player awards, a Victory Cup and Continental Cup for team. As a 2nd round pick he finished with just over 1800 tpe, an accomplishment hardly ever seen from someone at his draft position. You were great having in the locker room and I hope to bring you back again one day.

With that I present the official banners for the two aforementioned players who will now be immortalized in Warsaw Predators history.

20_Marner_V01.thumb.png.e09e7e1c9956d2615d6922949ff08657.png94_Kisslinger2_V01.thumb.png.db9b55f40be5a9a843dd5d49fba8890e.png

Not bad eh? @MetalToday congrats man! super proud and happy to have my jersey retired! It was so much fun to be apart of such a close team and to go from contenders to champions. Couldn’t have asked for a better team and better management!  Happy i get the chance to have another jersey retired with my new player so watch out for that;) 

thanks to @dlamb for drafting us and giving us the opportunity to grow and become the Warsaw greats we are today 

thank you to @N0HBDY for letting old man Kisslinger stay around for the final bit of his career and keeping the roster as competitive as we could around him and marner! 

Didn't mean to post over top! I was working on my post for a bit.. sorry :) 

Congrats @MetalToday @Kisslinger I was a huge fan of both players, admittedly a little more Marner. Legends in Warsaw. Congrats on the careers. Lots of fun. :cheers: