A Moment Long In The Making

It's not every day, that you get to do something special for a friend in the league, however this moment for me, has been a few seasons in the making. To give a bit of backstory here, I've had the absolute pleasure of knowing said member for many, many years now. We've played alongside one another as teammates several times, and even had the honour of GMing against one another at every level of the game (M, E and VHL). When I became LA GM in S83 (crazy it's already been 7 seasons...), I never knew I'd have the opportunity to obtain my good friend, and go on some awesome playoff runs with them, however in S85 after a short rebuild, I got my chance. The trade that I made was critizied as an overpayment at the time, however there was never a regret in my mind and that doubt further left my head in S87 when he would go on to win both MVP and the goals scoring title, cementing his legacy in LA. 

With 5 seasons played for the club, and 360 games played, this player catapulted into the top 5 for total points and lead the team as captain for several seasons before his retirement. It is with great honour, and pleasure that I present to you today, our latest jersey retirement. 

Spoiler

@FrostBeard

Please accept this as a grand gesture for your time here with LA. I could not have been happier and I am so, so proud to get to do this for you as GM of the team. You deserve it, and so much more. And I hope to once again cross paths with you, whether it be as player, GM or maybe even both. 

Wow.... Honestly, not going to lie, never expected this in a million years. 

LA became a home and even though we had some rough patches and even some situations when Miglasķēms got put on the block, we pushed through it and made the best of the situation we could. 

It was my pleasure to be there for LA and I knew that LA will always be there for me! 

Many guys there deserve all the praise - @KRZY, @Berocka, @Gustav, @wcats and of course many, many more.

It wouldn't have ever been possible without you my good sir @InstantRockstar if only we had a chance to spend 8 full seasons together! It would have been absolutely marvelous, thank you for this great, great honour!