VHLM and Recruitment are so bad right now

Zetterberg

59 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I'm fine with the first paragraph telling Z to step up and help. But this about calling out everyone else to make better content isn't it. If people can meet guidelines, they get their TPE. Updaters deny stuff that isn't up to par. We can acknowledge that people's PTs may not be high enough quality to go on instagram to advertise the league. Our standard for awarding TPE for PTs isn't that high. If people want to meet that bar, they're free too. But that's definitely not the responsibility of the community to complete tasks for recruitment to yoink for social media.

Ah I didn’t mean it like that sorry, I see what you’re saying though. Our work isn’t meant for recruitment’s use that’s correct. I meant to just put in the extra effort next time you post something for TPE. Quality work is what the forum thrives on. Doesn’t matter how good you are at doing a task, but try your best when you do it instead of just doing it to have it be done and earn TPE. Didn’t mean to make it sound like I was saying “do better for recruitment” lol I meant do better for the whole forum.

Edited by AJW

1 hour ago, Zetterberg said:

Unfortunately I’m away from my computer until this weekend otherwise I absolutely would’ve made a mock and I’m still trying to figure out a way to do that. As for the thread I think it was a success regardless of what you think of me or how I’ve acted it’s brought up a discussion that I and many other believe is necessary on recruitment. 

Too late.  Already on it.

15 hours ago, Spartan said:

I believe Mubbles, Thad(?), N0H, AJW and Ricer all left the team.

To make it clear since I've seen/heard (through the podcast) you mention my name a few times as being involved with recruitment at some point, I've not had any involvement with the recruitment processes (I gave a few suggestions here and there but that was it) and was never asked to participate in social media updates. The only reason I was on the team was because, historically, Draft Rankings have been linked to the recruitment team and I wasn't able to claim them for TPE on a weekly basis unless I was part of the recruitment team. In fact when Ricer brought me in, he specifically referred to me as a "Recruitment" (emphasis on the quotation marks) Team member. Not using that as an argument against the point being made because I agree that large turnover has had an impact, I just wanted to make my own position clear.

Edited by MubbleFubbles

23 hours ago, Beketov said:

The content of the ad matters a lot and since the content isn’t usually super clear when we are focussing on those franchise mode type of audiences we get users thinking the league is either a GM league or some type of EASHL thing or something of the sort. They don’t understand quite what they are signing up for.

Nasher has a really popular NHL 24 Be a Pro series on his channel right now that brings in a ton of viewers. Most recent one from a few days ago broke 100k views so maybe reaching out and seeing what an ad on his channel on one of the episodes would look like wouldn't be a bad idea 👀

People who play NHL games and especially EASHL are some of the worst people, they are not fit to go through the "VHL ride". The whole game mode is made to team up with your mates, so you play against lesser opponents. Even in the "competitive" leagues, you see tactics that are as far from hockey as possible. It is a game, but think about the mindset. The average EASHL player writes maybe 50 words per week, and that is replies to messages through gaming apps to hate messages they get or to write hate messages they send. The odds of the average EASHL enjoyer making it to 1000 TPE is as good as someone in VHL dunking a basketball, it could happen but we all know it won't happen.

VHL has a far better chance of recruiting new active users by posting to forums about baking, where bored old people share recipes and discuss what on earth is going on around the world.

3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

People who play NHL games and especially EASHL are some of the worst people, they are not fit to go through the "VHL ride". The whole game mode is made to team up with your mates, so you play against lesser opponents. Even in the "competitive" leagues, you see tactics that are as far from hockey as possible. It is a game, but think about the mindset. The average EASHL player writes maybe 50 words per week, and that is replies to messages through gaming apps to hate messages they get or to write hate messages they send. The odds of the average EASHL enjoyer making it to 1000 TPE is as good as someone in VHL dunking a basketball, it could happen but we all know it won't happen.

VHL has a far better chance of recruiting new active users by posting to forums about baking, where bored old people share recipes and discuss what on earth is going on around the world.

Yeah, this is a pretty based take. Running an ad on EA NHL channels hits a demographic of teenagers that play video games. Bring them over to the VHL and inform them that they're going to need to write essays and put together decent graphics in order to make their player better and you run into a retention nightmare. Combine that with the letdown that they can neither watch the games being simmed, nor can they directly impact them in any way, and you've got an incredibly hard sell.

It's a good idea if you're looking for pure numbers, and you're certainly bound to find some needles in the haystack, but the literal ONLY commonality between us and EA NHL players is "hockey good."

On 11/15/2023 at 6:56 PM, twists said:

We all know telling someone to shut the fuck up when they bring up valid points means you've lost the argument before it started

Only reason im telling to to STFU is he literally did the same thing on the instagram as subject was doing...

Plus it was my bday and I didnt want to deal with his bullshit

Edited by Moon

18 hours ago, Moon said:

Only reason im telling to to STFU is he literally did the same thing on the instagram as subject was doing...

Plus it was my bday and I didnt want to deal with his bullshit

happy belated birthday! I get not wanting to deal with it, but you simply could have said nothing. A couple members of your team had already made some well thought out posts. I just don’t think it helps a situation to be inflammatory (even if Z can be an ass sometimes lol). I know you’re better than that is all I’m saying :)