FREE TPE!

Victor

• Admin

On this day 10 years ago I was VHL Commissioner and chose my birthday to be a time of benevolence, handing out TPE to all those who liked my announcement on the day. The post has 114 likes, I don't think all of them are from back then as more filtered in over the years.

Alas I no longer have the power to hand out TPE on the day of my birth but is it too much to ask for some well wishes? Thanks, love you all.

Ten years is wild of course – that was my last year in school. The next year was my only birthday I actually came into the office for, until today, with weekends, COVID, and vacations helping me avoid that from 2016 to 2023. It's a pretty uneventful day today but with a long Easter weekend coming up I am claiming that for my birthday instead and it should be a fine time filled with drinks and debauchery.

Anyway, what are you up to today? What were you up to 10 years ago? Do you think we should be given free TPE given it's the 10-year anniversary of free TPE? What's the best birthday present I could get from the VHL?

❤️

Today - fairly boring after some plans were bailed on, but not bad. Yesterday I submitted a bunch of documents for a milestone in my degree program (I'm a little over a week and just a short presentation away from a Master's degree!) and that made today fairly quiet. I made a very nice Thai curry tonight and watched my school's basketball team lose a close game.

10 years ago would have been the back half of 8th grade--I was still in middle school. I don't have many specific 8th grade memories. I guess I do remember catching one of my friends writing about how I was "mi major amigo" on a Spanish assignment (which still means a lot). That same year, I also got a couple people I knew to join the tennis team (the one sport I played through high school), started taking some of the "harder" math and science classes, and got more seriously into music. In a few months, it will be 10 years since I started playing guitar and I've loved every minute of it.

Happy birthday and happy anniversary of the most egregious karma farm I've ever seen outside of VSN. I'm glad the VHL never got to see me at 13.

18 hours ago, Victor said:

What were you up to 10 years ago?

Time to make all of you feel old, 10 years ago on this day I was 6 years old... In Grade 1... and had probably started playing hockey literally a few months earlier lol...

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, eagle_3450 said:

Time to make all of you feel old, 10 years ago on this day I was 6 years old... In Grade 1... and had probably started playing hockey literally a few months earlier lol...

I had already graduated university and been at work for almost a year.... Fucking hell I'm old.

• Senior Admin
5 hours ago, Victor said:

That makes two of us

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

that makes 3 of us. Actually I had already finished, my high school had a system where if you chose the right classes you could have all the credits you need to graduate after first semester of your final year. So I was just fucking off until university the next year… ah simpler times 

I would have just joined VHL in early March…opps I missed my 10 year anniversary 

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

I had already graduated university and been at work for almost a year.... Fucking hell I'm old.

I call yours and raise it by being discharged from the army due to reaching age limits.

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Will said:

that makes 3 of us. Actually I had already finished, my high school had a system where if you chose the right classes you could have all the credits you need to graduate after first semester of your final year. So I was just fucking off until university the next year… ah simpler times 

I would have just joined VHL in early March…opps I missed my 10 year anniversary 

So you joined, saw free TPE being handed out and said fuck yeah I'm gonna build a portal.

Just passed my 9 year anniversary on VHL...I'm currently just finishing my first full career here for a player 🤣

Crazy to think I've also been over at SBA just as long slaving away in every role possible there at some point.

• Admin
39 minutes ago, scoop said:

I graduated from college 10 years ago.

I don't like this game. It makes me feel old.

Hey, I asked other questions but everyone decided to focus on that one!

2 hours ago, GoodLeftUndone said:

Just passed my 9 year anniversary on VHL...I'm currently just finishing my first full career here for a player 🤣

Crazy to think I've also been over at SBA just as long slaving away in every role possible there at some point.

Hah I did think your name looked familiar so was surprised you only had one name on the portal. Can see now posts from 2015 and 16 - crazy!

31 minutes ago, Victor said:

Hah I did think your name looked familiar so was surprised you only had one name on the portal. Can see now posts from 2015 and 16 - crazy!

Ya never had enough time to grind more than one league at a time consistently hah thanks to Auto-12 affiliation I can be here now and enjoy a career