April Fool's

AJW

As I wake up this morning at 7:45 (15 minutes before my 8:00am alarm clock) to my roommate's bangs on my door in expense of the key's to my car, I took a long pause to understand the reality I have woken up to. Once this puzzle in my brain was fully completed, my next move was swiftly grabbing my keys and opening the door without making a word. A "thank you" was all I needed to meet my satisfaction of this interaction and my roommate's response was just that. You see this roommate of mine does not have a way of transportation to his 8:00am workout, the same workout I will be doing later this morning since we are on the same sports team, so I granted his wishes as I like him and I want him to succeed on the same team that I play for. I respect when my roommates are appreciative when we do things for each other so thank you's are a big one to me. I scrolled through my phone for a bit before starting my morning routine of breakfast, emails and other communications, getting my shit together blah blah blah. As time rolls on I see a notification in the Calgary Wrangler's discord locker room, "HUGE DRAMA ON FORUMS" ~ @Phil

A members tag, followed by an explanation of why all eyes should be witnessing this event, followed by the face of the VHL, the most famous name on our forum @Beketov announcing the removal of a long time beloved member @Josh. @Acydburn still having a blue colored name while Josh's color defaulted made me put my phone down. My untouched coffee got a good sip before I picked my phone right back up to read away. Some background knowledge of my relationship with Josh goes back to my first VHL Draft, my player AJ Williams was drafted 5th overall in the S79 VHL Draft to the Los Angeles Stars, Josh GM'd at the time. Josh has been a massive hand for this community and I have liked the guy since I first started getting to know him. Josh was claimed to have been taking earnings out of the VHL community's pockets for his own personal use and the legal amount of reimbursement could potentially be in the $1000 range. This really upset me, not only was I still cranky tired because I had a Philosophy paper worth 30% of my grade due at 12:00pm and I was not even halfway done it, but a once loved member had committed embezzlement and put me in full disgust. I have donated money to this community, I suggest my players donate if they are interested, many of you reading this have donated to fund our beautiful community once in your history here... and Josh put portions in his pockets!?

I wanted to reply to this impactful thread to share my voice as a member of the VHL community with my thought process of "Dude, what the f---?!?!". 9 replies filed into the announcement thread before I could get a chance to finish what I wanted to say. The members before me were not answering any of the questions I still had, they were almost joking around with the situation. Calgary Wranglers GM @leandrofg was quoted in the discord Locker Room saying "holy shit" when seeing the announcement made. I couldn't understand this second strange situation I was put in today and my fingers started typing away, I filed my report and clicked send. Will this audit be made public? Will we be able to see how the money we earned from our real life jobs benefitted Josh or potentially others? Or will the use of our money still be for Blues and higher ups eyes only? Can we see how the VHL aims to spend our money moving forward so it is clear to us that this will not happen again? I beg for recruitment drive ads which definitely cost less than the money that went into Josh’s pockets. Let me know because I’d love to see how the VHL is trying to grow from this and from what your members give you to grow it. It’s in my eyes disgusting that a respected member did this, I don’t want to donate any money moving forward unless I actually know where it’s going. ~ AJW 10:08am. Shortly after settling my peace, I finished my breakfast and noticed a few reactions on my reply, then a few unexpected discord notifications from some big names.

10:12am, only 4 minutes after my reply was finalized to the forum, a very familiar and strong member to our community appeared in my discord direct messages. My VHLM Commissioner showed his face to me with a short but straight to the point question, "What day is it today" ~ @Spartan A quick glance to the bottom right of my computer screen gave my brain an immediate shock of reality.

realization realize GIF

(My face after realization)

I then replied to Spartan not even a minute later, "Are you fucked" ~AJW 10:12am

I WAS SABOTAGED!! It was the first morning of the fourth month this year, the Lord of Joker's day... It was April Fool's... I felt so defeated and upset. I close my messages with Spartan to then open the second message by the same face who created the "I got you" announcement. Beketov answered all the questions to my forum thread reply and explained to me that this was all a joke. Josh is not a stealing thief - he even accidentally bought a steam game with league funds and then quickly reimbursed the league - and that we actually do audit everything to keep track of exactly every penny. I gave him my frustration as to why Josh and the Blues broke my heart, he then apologized to me and I was having Deja vu of the same feelings from this morning's interaction with my roommate's "thank you".

My head then took a chill pill of calm peace knowing that all was good in my world and I dialed into my Philosophy Paper which I actually got to finish before the odd 12:00pm deadline. I then rode my bike to my workout and just got back to tell y'all about how crazy and eventful my brain's morning has been. Life is good now, we're chillin.

To the Blues:

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I find this hilarious and I'm never forgetting April 1st again. I love this community and you guys just got me in the soft spot a bit while my brain wasn't shifting gears yet haha

Edited by AJW

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, AJW said:

@Acydburn still having a blue colored name while Josh's color defaulted made me put my phone down.

I’m so glad that specific extra bit of trickery added to the effect, was worth the extra 2 minutes to change his group haha