Who is the best at VHFL?

scoop

This is likely a preview to a future article that I intend to write (which will have more data and will include Super Coach as well), but for now, I just want to highlight which users have been the best at the VHFL over the last ten seasons. Listed here are all of the members who have participated in at least 5 of the last 10 VHFL seasons and have averaged a placement of 2.0 or better. These are undoubtedly some of the best performers in the VHL. Most of them are among the best Super Coach performers as well, which makes sense.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
@leandrofg 4 5 1      
@STZ 4 4       1
@Arce 4 3 1      
@CowboyinAmerica 4 1 1      
@Ahma 3 4 3      
@kirbithan 3 4 1      
@MetalToday 3 1 1      
@cLoWn 3 1   1    

The only user on this list who is on track to win their group this season is cLoWn. She is leading what might be one of the toughest groups in recent history, as it includes both leandrofg and kirbithan. There is one weaker competitor in the group and one first-timer, but @Advantage is also in the group and he does have an average placement of 2.0 in 4 seasons of play. One thing that I want to look at in particular is highlighting some of the most difficult VHFL groups in recent history, based on the members of the group. Group 9 of this season will likely be among the best, though I do wonder if there has ever been a group where all six members average 3rd place or better on several VHFL seasons.

Some of the others on the above list are not participating in the VHFL this season. STZ, Arce, and MetalToday are all absent. CowboyinAmerica is currently second in his group, though he is close enough to potentially take the win. Ahma will almost certainly finish 3rd in his group.

• Commissioner

I had a brief spell where I think I won like 6/7 seasons and finished second in the last one but after that I’ve plummeted down to usually finishing near the bottom.

Posted (edited)

Great article and good to see.

I think this is my first time leading a group but also first overall out of everyone so far with 1600 points! Definitely got lucky with some of the picks.

Edited by Greg_Di

I used to WRECK VHFL and I remember being in an article like this. Then the scoring system changed and now I suck. 

On 6/30/2024 at 5:36 PM, scoop said:
  1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
@leandrofg 4 5 1      
@STZ 4 4       1
@Arce 4 3 1      
@CowboyinAmerica 4 1 1      
@Ahma 3 4 3      
@kirbithan 3 4 1      
@MetalToday 3 1 1      
@cLoWn 3 1   1    

CowboyinAmerica is currently second in his group, though he is close enough to potentially take the win. 

Sniped it from @jacobcarson877 :)