An overlook on my career... so far...

Sjin

My career, what an interesting one. It's had its ups and downs, and some amazing friends made along the way. I will be taking a short break from the VHL and just focusing on GMing the Cologne Express (where we just won our 5th franchise championship). I intend to stay whilst the team is still competitive and try to leave an impressive legacy behind, seems to consist of other VHLE GMs disliking us haha. The reason behind my break is starting my career in the oil & gas industry working for Valero. Whilst my workload is much smaller than when I was still studying in university, I wanted to take a break to enjoy the amazing area that I've moved to and focus my attention towards enjoying all the outdoor activities the area offers and making the most of the opportunity in front of me. 

So to start off with my statistics as a GM so far!

Cologne Express

image.png.8b10f6cba9e7a775ae3efda58504c623.png

Regular Season

S89 - 43W 20L 9OTL

S90 - 36W 32L 4OTL

S91 - 43W 25L 4OTL

S92 - 50W 18L 4OTL 🏆

S93 - 48W 20L 4OTL

S94 - 46W 19L 7OTL 🏆

Totals - 266W 134L 32OTL 🏆🏆

Play-offs 

S89 - 8W 1L 0OTL 🏆 (have to thank @leandrofg for the incredible team he left in my hands) 

S90 - 8W 4L 0OTL 🏆

S91 - 8W 1L 0OTL 🏆 

S92 - 4W 5L 0OTL

S93 - 2W 4L 0OTL

S94 - 8W 4L 0OTL 🏆

Totals - 38W 19L 0OTL 🏆🏆🏆🏆

So overall, a very impressive GM career so far we've been incredibly strong in the 6 seasons that I've been GMing the team, and I couldn't be happier with the performance for all the players that have played underneath me. Really made a mark on the VHLE so far and intend to continue this impressive streak! I couldn't do any of it without my 5AGMs, whom come in and out of activity for the team including: @leandrofg @Keegan Gamble @Fradin99 @Mysterious_Fish @McGriddy10

Now I want to talk about my player career where I was able to play with some absolutely amazing people who have made my experience in the VHL so far so amazing and keep bringing me back day after day. I was fortunate enough to play for three amazing franchises including the San Deigo Marlins, Cologne Express, and London United.

San Diego Marlins 

5GEf2KS.png

Regular Season

S84 - 20GP 6G 21A 27P 

S85 - 65GP 29G 48A 77P

S86 - 72GP 30G 58A 88P 🏆

S87 - 72GP 35G 58A 93P

S88 - 72GP 44G 54A 98P

S89 - 72GP 31G 50A 81P 

Totals - 373GP 175G 289A 464P 🏆

Play-offs

S85 - 6GP 0G 1A 1P

S86 - 16GP 7G 5A 12P 🏆

S87 - 14GP 7G 4A 11P

S88 - 10GP 3G 7A 10P

S89 - 15GP 9G 8A 17P 🏆

Totals - 61GP 26G 25A 51P 🏆🏆

A fantastic career playing for the San Diego Marlins which is where I first got really invested into the league under GM @jacobcarson877 who was a fantastic mentor and teacher, and then @Arce an amazing veteran of the league! This was my first interactions with a few members that become some of my closest friends on the forum including: @vincentlg2007 @Keegan Gamble @Fradin99 @Mysterious_Fish @McGriddy10 @Triller @aimkin

I finished my career in the VHLM finishing 2nd in franchise scoring only behind the legendary Roadkill Steve. Finishing my career with 467 points landing me 5th overall in all time VHLM scoring. Making @jacobcarson877 trade for me way back in S85 the best in VHLM history and leading to 2 cups for the Marlins franchise!

Cologne Express

image.png.8b10f6cba9e7a775ae3efda58504c623.png

Regular Season

S90 - 72GP 37G 49A 86P

Totals - 72GP 37G 49A 86P

Play-offs

S90 - 12GP 8G 12A 20P 🏆 

Totals - 12GP 8G 12A 20P 🏆 

The opportunity to play on the team I was the GM of and lead my own team to back-to-back championships was an awesome experience, and it was fantastic to play alongside @Keegan Gamble @Starchychaff @Elvis @Plate @McGriddy10 @Big Dee @comrade cat it was truly awesome, the vibes were absolutely amazing and I couldn't of asked for more!

London United

9RbN7xC.png

Regular Season

S91 - 72GP 21G 23A 44P

S92 - 72GP 25G 44A 69P

S93 - 72GP 41G 51A 92P

S94 - 72GP 44G 64A 108P

Totals - 288GP 131G 182A 313P

Play-offs

S91 - 10GP 2G 2A 4P

S92 - 22GP 9G 10A 19P

S93 - 16GP 10G 6A 16P

S94 - 4GP 2G 3A 5P

Totals - 52GP 23G 21A 44P

Being able to play for London was a truly awesome experience being from the United Kingdom myself and being able to represent my local team within the VHL, not only that reuniting with my favourite GM of all time the amazing @jacobcarson877. However, there were a few more perks for playing for the franchise including the San Diego Marlins reunion playing alongside @Triller @aimkin @Uncommon.

Additionally given the opportunity to play with some franchise legends at the time! @JCarson @VattghernCZ @eagle_3450, and Jacob Carson made it possible to reunite some old line mates and friends by signing and trading for @vincentlg2007 @Keegan Gamble @Zylen @McGriddy10

Whilst we were unable to win the elusive Continental Cup it was still awesome and exciting to play for the franchise and I wouldn't have changed anything! My experience has just been fantastic. Making back-to-back finals only to lose in 7 games was devasting but always had me on the edge of my seat eagerly waiting for the next sim from league simulators.

So a special thanks to all the league simmers over the last 10 seasons! @Beketov @Josh @MexicanCow123 @N0HBDY

The VHLM commissioners for making the unpopular decision (only in my opinion) to cap the number of seasons a player can be in the VHLM @Spartan  @Gustav

And the awesome VHLE commissioners that have helped bring the league back to relevancy @Enorama @thadthrasher

So there's a lot left untold in the story of Sjin but for now my player is retiring where I'll be taking a break as player from the league, and my GMing career is nearing it's end the upcoming season might be my last as the Cologne Express GM. I'm awfully thankful for all the members of the forum that have made it all worth it, and I'm excited to recreate at some time in the future and battle my way through the leagues again, let's hope it's as good the second time around!

I WILL BE BACK, AND I WILL CLAIM MY CONTINENTAL CUP!

1094 words

You've had a career that many would envy at this point. You're a pleasure to be around and I can't wait to see you back. Cheers, Eduardo! 🍻

I cant express how grateful it was to play with you in the M and have you as my GM in the E. Two championships with you apart of the team has been great and you became one of the many friends I have made along the way. @Sjin Good luck this next season as a GM.

On 7/18/2024 at 8:57 PM, leandrofg said:

You've had a career that many would envy at this point. You're a pleasure to be around and I can't wait to see you back. Cheers, Eduardo! 🍻

Maybe as GM! I let London down, really wish I could've completed the trifecta and we had two prime opportunities to do so.

Sad to see one of the first people I ever met and talked to step away. It was great to play with you, talk to you and build a friendship with you!

Wishing you all the best bud, hoping to stay connected and maybe see Sjin Jr in the VHL down the road 😉 🍻 

• 3 weeks later...