Lachlan Summers Jersey Retirements?!

LACHLAN SUMMERS JERSEY RETIREMENTS?!

@kirbithan

"With the 12th overall pick of the S86 VHL Entry Draft HC Davos Dynamo selects from the San Diego Marlins, Lachlan Summers" when those words were said almost 10 seasons ago, very few could have imagined what would come out of the pick, after all Summers had been an average goalie in the VHLM. However, after the draft Summers progression would soar to new heights, they would go onto post a 0.922 SV% and 2.74 GAA in the VHLE. In S87 they would be called up to serve as Hall of famer Xavier Booberry's backup.

Summers would pick up a few tricks over that season as a backup, that would really shine when they burst on the scene in S88, posting a 0.32 SV%, 2.30 GAA, and winning the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy as the VHL's top rookie, and helped Davos on a lengthy playoff run. The following season, Summers great play would continue, and in the playoffs they would excel, as they had a 0.937 SV% and would post a record of 12-4-0 on route to a Continental Cup Championship. 

Over the course of the next two seasons, Summers would be the most successful goalie in the VHL winning 2 Victory cups and the Greg Clegane, Aidan Shaw, and Brett Slobodzian Trophies in S90. Over the course of 6 seasons with Davos Summers posted a record of 201-97-29 (6th most wins in franchise history), and a 0.930 SV% (2nd), and a 2.46 GAA (7th) and a playoff record of 26-15-6 (2nd most wins), a 0.922 SV%, and a 2.89 GAA.

It is with great pleasure that I get to announce that Lachlan Summers' Jersey has been retired to be hung in the rafters in Davos for the seasons to come!

It’s been a while since I’ve written one of these, I certainly wouldn’t have thought it would be for who I will be talking about in this part of the post, especially for how late I acquired them in their career.

It’s not often that you make a trade for a player for the last 2 seasons of their career and it end up being arguable two of the best seasons of their career.

In her time with Warsaw she was a 2-time MVP, 2-time Best Overall, 2-time All VHL First team, and In 130 games is now 3rd All-Time in Wins for Warsaw.

I’ve cherished the time @kirbithanspent with Warsaw and how much they helped contribute to making us a competitive team, regardless of playoff outcomes (GM curse), they were always in the locker room spreading positivity after a huge performance like back to back shutouts or just a big matchup win.

So I am very happy to announce that along with Davos, Warsaw will be retiring #50 in Lachlan Summers honor, and have it hang from the rafters for as long as the franchise may remain.

image.thumb.png.f8b999366d2e3185ef751771753a8f36.png

Edited by N0HBDY

Thank you so much, @Alex and @N0HBDY!! When starting out as a first gen, I couldn’t have even imagined that my player would have a career like this, let alone having his jersey retired for two franchises. It’s been a hell of a ride. :cheers:

I couldn’t have asked for anything more from both teams and truly appreciate everything. Still in disbelief that Summers’ name and number will be in the rafters!! 

• Commissioner

When I saw the banner request for the same player with two teams I was wondering who was gonna get it in first, this was a clever method.

32 minutes ago, Beketov said:

When I saw the banner request for the same player with two teams I was wondering who was gonna get it in first, this was a clever method.

Planned from the beginning