What is the purpose of making backup goalies play?

Well for one the realistic part, but also if a goalie plays all 72 games the record books won't be very fair nor will the HOF voting be as easy to compare.

If it were any other position I'd agree, but considering the two main goalie stats are averages (goals per game and save percentage), is that really impacted much at all by 8 more games?

If a goalie plays in 64 more games in his career (or even 56) you think his stats won't be inflated? If you think the HOF only votes a goaltender in because of Save % and GAA than I guess we need to be more transparent on that. They look at more than 2 stat lines.

Aside from historic comparisons, having back up goalies play is nice for the skater stats and gives the worse teams a chance to cause some upsets against the better ones, since the better teams play the backup against shitty teams

Well for one the realistic part, but also if a goalie plays all 72 games the record books won't be very fair nor will the HOF voting be as easy to compare.

Well I mean the skater statistics (not sure about goalie) are dominated at the top by early league players, who were better than the rest of their competition from day one as opposed to at least two seasons into their VHL career as even the best are now.  So not sure how legitimate that argument is.

Well I mean the skater statistics (not sure about goalie) are dominated at the top by early league players, who were better than the rest of their competition from day one as opposed to at least two seasons into their VHL career as even the best are now.  So not sure how legitimate that argument is.

Better how? That argument is thrown out the window cause you could argue that goaltenders had better stats because their were only a select number of goalscorer in the league as well.

My ass has been getting pretty damn cold on the Minot bench!! :P

I actually noticed this recently, which is rare because I don't notice much these days. I'm gonna go ahead and start you for the next 10. Maybe beyond!

If it were any other position I'd agree, but considering the two main goalie stats are averages (goals per game and save percentage), is that really impacted much at all by 8 more games?

For goalies starting out, if they played another 8 games a season that could add up to like another 64 games played. That's almost another full season. That would definitely impact the record books.

We should change it so that every active on the team has their player build transferred to a goalie build and then allow them to play 1 game in the season where the player is removed from the roster.

HiTiHRv.png

Nobody liked this great idea???  Fking old boys club... <_<