[S42] --- (S42) LW - Wolfgang Strauss

eaglesfan036

Per the VHL rulebook:

" If a rookie is not offered a contract by the last day of the succeeding pre-season, they will become an unrestricted free agent"

Seattle has yet to offer a contract to their S42 draftees

Calgary offers:

S42: 3,000,000

S43: 1,500,000

S44: 1,500,000

Come join us in Calgary Wasty we've got a few nice actives a few actives like Hurley and Encarnacion on the team right now, and a bunch of draft picks in S43. 

Toronto matches this offer, and once again thought they were the only team that caught on to this!

S42: 1,500,000

S43: 1,500,000

S44: 1,500,000

Edited by edgar

But now the question becomes what does succeeding pre-season mean? One could argue it means S43...

Thank you for bringing this into fruition. The strong argument could be made. The lack of professionalism from my General Manager, should not reflect that of the team, nor it's players. I simply did what I thought would be best for the franchise and offered the contracts when I was given permission by commissioner Higgins.

But now the question becomes what does succeeding pre-season mean? One could argue it means S43...

Perhaps it would be better worded as "first pre-season", considering it only applies to rookie contracts.

However, I don't think there can be much argument as to what it implies, as if it were to mean pre-season of S43, that player could be present on their team for an entire year without a contract. And I can't think of a way that a player without a contract would reach Pre-season of S43 without first being subjected to off-season Free Agencies.

Edited by YEAH!

I think I speak on behalf of the commissioners and former commissioners when I say that every rule was written to fit my (Edgar's) interpretation.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, my interpretation is that these players are all free agents

• Admin

I think I speak on behalf of the commissioners and former commissioners when I say that every rule was written to fit my (Edgar's) interpretation.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, my interpretation is that these players are all free agents

Commie approved.

I know what I meant though, writing the rule and all.

Also, countless precedents can be listed of inactive scrubs unsigned.

Rule was there a long before that, but I guess we can all take credit for it.

Edited by Kendrick

• Admin
That said, "If a rookie is not tendered an offer by the end of the off-season they will become a free agent", the rule was there, I just reworded it. Same deal, I know what it intended to mean and checked the rulebook once exactly for such purpose.

That said, "If a rookie is not tendered an offer by the end of the off-season they will become a free agent", the rule was there, I just reworded it. Same deal, I know what it intended to mean and checked the rulebook once exactly for such purpose.

Well you re-worded it really poorly tbh - Succeeding means the following off-season, not the current one.