Will Riga Keep the Potential #1 Pick?

Fire Tortorella

Will Riga Keep the Potential #1 Pick?

tSI9DqU.png

As S42 crosses the half-way point, it’s all but certain that the Riga Reign will finish in last place in the entire VHL. Owning their own 1st round pick for the first time in forever, this will be a great opportunity to add a potential high impact player to Riga’s core going forward. However, rumors are beginning to circulate that the Reign may be interested in trading down and acquiring addition draft picks. We caught up with Reign GM Jim Gow as he was leaving the office:

“At this point, Hans Wingate is the bonafide number one prospect in this draft. Wingate would be an excellent addition to any team, but at this point, we’re not sure if his value to the Reign will be the same as his draft value. There are a couple of other great prospects in this draft as well, and we have to ask ourselves what’s best for us moving forward. There aren’t too many examples of teams trading away the first pick, but I think it’s something we may have to consider going forward.”

oC3dUPf.jpg

Yeah but tbh Riga is keeping the pick unless Flyers wants to be a G.

That's why I find the recreation time so interesting. If it's indeed true that I'm the #1 prospect, say he does recreate - that either locks him into needing a goalie (if he makes a skater) or losing leverage with the #1 pick (if he makes a goalie). If he doesn't recreate right away, he keeps that flexibility (especially since the lottery is a crapshoot), but he loses that potential extra TPE.

That's why I find the recreation time so interesting. If it's indeed true that I'm the #1 prospect, say he does recreate - that either locks him into needing a goalie (if he makes a skater) or losing leverage with the #1 pick (if he makes a goalie). If he doesn't recreate right away, he keeps that flexibility (especially since the lottery is a crapshoot), but he loses that potential extra TPE.

Or I could re-create as one position and then retire and not take carry-over. Wouldn't lose that much TPE in the end.