Daredevil Thread

Sandro

PHxGv1SqG9LqBx_1_m.jpg

It's on Netflix. Go watch it.  :) 

Marvel has now dropped The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Daredevil. Early impressions of Age of Ultron are very good too. If this is the direction we're going, I must say I'm quite pleased.

So it lost a bit of steam in the final few episodes, but the finale made up for some of that. Fantastic intro to both Daredevil and Kingpin. Can't wait for season two (YES PLEASE!) and I'm really curious to see how these characters will mesh with the films seeing as how different the tone is.

I suspect they may not crossover much, except maybe in Infinity War. Those two movies are going to boast possibly the most ridiculous cast ever put on film. Kingpin is also a regular villain for Spider-Man, and I know D'Onofrio has said he'd love to be in a Spidey film. His take on the character was pretty fucking fantastic, by the way. Really, the entire cast did a fantastic job. Excited to see what the other Netflix series are going to bring if this is any sign.

So it lost a bit of steam in the final few episodes, but the finale made up for some of that. Fantastic intro to both Daredevil and Kingpin. Can't wait for season two (YES PLEASE!) and I'm really curious to see how these characters will mesh with the films seeing as how different the tone is.

I suspect they may not crossover much, except maybe in Infinity War. Those two movies are going to boast possibly the most ridiculous cast ever put on film. Kingpin is also a regular villain for Spider-Man, and I know D'Onofrio has said he'd love to be in a Spidey film. His take on the character was pretty fucking fantastic, by the way. Really, the entire cast did a fantastic job. Excited to see what the other Netflix series are going to bring if this is any sign.

It really makes me wish Arrow was a Netflix Original. If Arrow had the darker tone and drama that Daredevil has now, that show would be more awesome.

I love Arrow but it would just be so much better.

Watching it with my roommate and we are really digging it. Only on Episode 4 though. The tone helps things, but the focus on other characters does as well. To often super hero things such as the past Daredevil movie try too hard to focus simply on the hero and the villain. They forget that part of the thrill of seeing the crazy things happen is actually experiencing the world/other characters. There are some key scenes in this series, extended scenes in some cases with side characters that are getting well established, or just characters for an arc of an episode or so that really help give a sense of something believable to Hell's Kitchen.

Also the camera work is fantastic. The hallway trick was an excellent shot, and while I have seen it done before a couple of times it was used very well here. Already seeing a minor tie in with Agents of Shield, and considering the price of the actor in this, I'm hoping down the road to see Daredevil/Agents of Shield crossover stuff. Would be really cool. 

There's also:

A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

they're all getting their own series'.....then....

The Defenders series with those 3 and Daredevil where they all defend NYC.

Then all 4 of these characters will be in Avengers: Infinity War Part 2.

I'm super glad that this actor they picked for Daredevil will be the same Daredevil who's going to the big screen with the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four.

I've never heard of Jessica Jones or Luke Cage, but reading up on them they seem like interesting characters. Iron Fist I know and am definitely looking forward to that series. Also, Krysten Ritter, the girl who was Jessie's girlfriend in Breaking Bad, is Jessica Jones. That series starts in the fall.

Yeah the tie in stuff and the netflix stuff looks interesting.

It's going to be weird though. I'm genuinely worried about Avengers 3. (both parts) With Agents of Shield stuff introducing Inhumans things, Daredevil and The Defenders stuff, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, then the Spiderman. It's going to be a VERY crowded movie. I wonder if it'll suffer from just too many characters?

Also to respond to you Boychuk I don't think the Fantastic Four and X-Men stuff is part of it. Not that I know of. Marvel got the rights to Spiderman but not the other two. 

Forgive my MARVEL knowledge(or lack thereof), but is that suit supposed to help him in some way, or is it only effective against blade weapons. He still get's the shit beaten put of him on every occasion.

Forgive my MARVEL knowledge(or lack thereof), but is that suit supposed to help him in some way, or is it only effective against blade weapons. He still get's the shit beaten put of him on every occasion.

The point is for him to not die, beatings are awesome.

I watched the season and I think dieing is the least of his problems. He could eat glass, set himself on fire and then walk in front of a subway train and still get stitched up by Clare so he could be back at work the next day.