I got bored and looked back at old stuff and what the fuck is this word count in this motherfucking 1 point article?

Tagger

So usually the plan for these Vhl.com articles was to go with my Encarnacion-esque reads, but I was doing some research into some of my older leagues and I was surprised to find out that I’ve been a GM of a lot more players in the VHL elsewhere in other leagues than I had previously thought. So I’m just gonna run down the twelve members with VHL players (just sticking to those in the pros) that I’ve been a GM of elsewhere.

Steven Stamkos as Paul Crewe (Dimothesis Vlasis)+ Maxy  as Tyrus Smith (Dexter Morgan)

These two are players that in truth I ended up having the least experience with as they both went inactive fairly soon after I drafted them in USFL, but in truth I had anticipated that as I understood the league was not their priority so I respect the work they put in during their short stay.

Boubabi as Lord Karnage (Lord Karnage)

Even though USFL was the last league I was in, I had completely forgotten I had traded for Boubabi at one point towards the end of the league, I think mainly because it was purely for salary reasons.

Rockstar as Austin Tarver (Teuvo Ruutu)

Perhaps my favourite league to date was a league called ISL (International Simulation League), which lasted 11 seasons in its original run (which has made every football league since then seem like a joke), before closing in 2009. It did start a “rebirth” two years later, but it lasted less than one season. Tarver was one of my inaugural draft pickups in that rebirth.

Doomsday as Solomon Meredith (Jack Kowalski)

My PIMing partner in crime have a deeper history than the VHL as I signed OLB Solomon Meredith as a Free Agent for the Oakland Blackhawks in Madden Madness, which lasted six full seasons (again, that’s depressingly good for a football league).

Molholt as Clifford Franklin/Tyrell Thunder (A.C. Savage)

A.C. Savage loves to fight! But no-one wants to fight him :(

This actually isn’t the first time Molholt has made a player with a unique build, as when I was his GM in ISL V2, he made a 7’0” tall player in a league where you add TPE to height to make yourself taller. I was also briefly his GM in Madden Madness, but Thunder was a player who was already set to retire when I traded for him.

Boom as Uzi Thundakowski/J.D Boom/J.D Boom (Again) (Bismarck Koenig)

One of the players that I always try my best to acquire, Boom is awesome, hence why I picked him up in both the rebirthed ISL and the MFA (A League that lasted two seasons, it was very good while it lasted, and my team had awesome uniforms, so yeah!). Could well be the member I’ve GMed most in sim leagues, having shared teams three times with him.

Solas as Dwight Schrute (Callum Sinclair)

Much like Boom, Solas is a player who I always attempt to pick up because he’s insanely consistent. I picked him up in the MFA’s Expansion draft to play Outside Linebacker opposite J.D. Boom.

Ninetyfourgoalie as Ojete Bologna (Jerrick Poole)

So for the last four players on the list, they’ll all be players who I picked up during my first ever stint as a general manager in sim leagues, as GM of the New Delhi Fighting Mongooses (that name tho) in the original ISL. I picked up Ojete as a rookie Free Agent, and he was very active for us in his short stint, however he wanted a starting opportunity that he deserved but we unfortunately weren’t able to offer him at the time, so he ended up leaving the team a few weeks later.

Tyler as Jake Jones (Milos Denis)

Jesus, this guy! Jake Jones was pound for pound the best quarterback to play in the ISL. Unfortunately his career was cut short after a guy called BCLake (who I want to say was called Alex Cooper and played in the VHL quite a bit), told him to retire.

Advantage as Chris Miller/Chris Miller (again) (Brick Wahl)

I recruited Chris Miller to the ISL to play for my team, I believe that was the start of his player sim career.

Guys, I’m so sorry.

Streetlight as Sam Helberg/Bamboo Pandamonium/Jean-Ralphio Saperstein (Lloyd Light)

This fucking guy! My first GM in player sim leagues, he eventually let me take over his team as General Manager after five seasons in the role. I went on for three seasons myself and my job was made exceptionally easier by the work he did beforehand.

So that’s everyone that I’m aware of GMing, there MAY be more (I did GM a guy called Toast14, I have no clue if that’s also the Toast that represents Kurtis Hunter), but yeah! These guys!

Oh hey the Mongooses from ISL were kind of like the Americans here. I prepped them for the next GM to step in and wreck shit. Although I feel like I deserve less credit for the Americans here than I did with the Mongooses there.

BCLake was indeed Alex Cooper aka Laker12 aka Nagger. He's pretty famous around these parts. Him telling Jake Jones to retire certainly made things tougher for us with the Mongooses.

Also, while I was your first GM in a player sim league, did you know that it was you who first got me in to sim leagues? It was on a GameFAQs message board where you were advertising the SSFL (I believe that was the name of the league; the precursor to the APSL).

A.C. Savage loves to fight! But no-one wants to fight him  :(

This actually isn’t the first time Molholt has made a player with a unique build, as when I was his GM in ISL V2, he made a 7’0” tall player in a league where you add TPE to height to make yourself taller. I was also briefly his GM in Madden Madness, but Thunder was a player who was already set to retire when I traded for him.

-----

Madden Madness was my first non-baseball league. I got one of the expansion team GMs jobs but then got really bored I think and left. Thunder was basically never a serious endeavor. Franklin was a guy I wanted to stick with, but I forgot about that league and it also went south. I always want to do unique things (like kicker in Madden in SSN1), but it never works out, mostly because the league dies (or the attribute doesn't work).

Also, while I was your first GM in a player sim league, did you know that it was you who first got me in to sim leagues? It was on a GameFAQs message board where you were advertising the SSFL (I believe that was the name of the league; the precursor to the APSL).

Oh wow, no I don't think I was aware of that, I did a pretty good job there then!

I do remember the SSFL, that was also my first league, but I'm not gonna look back to that cause I seem to remember being a jerk  :(

A.C. Savage loves to fight! But no-one wants to fight him  :(

-----

Madden Madness was my first non-baseball league. I got one of the expansion team GMs jobs but then got really bored I think and left. Thunder was basically never a serious endeavor. Franklin was a guy I wanted to stick with, but I forgot about that league and it also went south. I always want to do unique things (like kicker in Madden in SSN1), but it never works out, mostly because the league dies (or the attribute doesn't work).

As the VHL's most prominent PIMer of the modern era, I support your quest for uniqueness! 

Oh hey the Mongooses from ISL were kind of like the Americans here. I prepped them for the next GM to step in and wreck shit. Although I feel like I deserve less credit for the Americans here than I did with the Mongooses there.

Yep, Lynch recruited me and you were GM and then you handed it off to me.  My first sim league and my first time being a GM in one.

I forget the name of our RB but remember that he was a beast and other than Camo, was probably the best in the league (for those in SBA, Camo is brenstl).

Yep, Lynch recruited me and you were GM and then you handed it off to me.  My first sim league and my first time being a GM in one.

I forget the name of our RB but remember that he was a beast and other than Camo, was probably the best in the league (for those in SBA, Camo is brenstl).

We had quite a few good RB's (Helberg did good, and Da'Rel Simpson (aka Sneckie from APSL) did good as well), I think the RB you're thinking of the Incredible Hulk Scott Lynch! 

Bring back Madden for PC for more Madden leagues tbh

In concept, I absolutely want this 100%

But I'm not sure I have enough faith in EA to believe that it won't be a bug-ridden mess.

Scott Lynch was the RB of whom I assume you are speaking.