S43 Announcements and Changes

Fire Tortorella

Welfare and Pension

Currently, a member's welfare and pension plan are decided based on the number of previous players who have hit 400 TPE. Going forward, we will be changing this to include a member's current player. This change will reward members for their current work and will help bridge the advantage that older members have over newer members. However, obviously as a Point Task based league, those who continue to do their point tasks week in and week out will be rewarded more than those who do not. This change will go into effect the first PT week of Season 43 (4/27).

=D> =D> =D>

As I noted in a previous Fan 590 from a few months ago (slight self-embellishment forthcoming), I still think it's reasonable to ponder the idea of eventually allowing members (who have hit an elevated TPE floor over the course of their tenure here at the VHL) to create TPE-capped players .  I don't think welfare is the issue with tenured members, it's a matter of activity.  It doesn't have to be much, maybe somewhere between 200-400 TPE, but enough to make them at least useful fillers in a 10 team league.  Again, just throwing it out there.

Good adjustments otherwise :D

edit: hi

Edited by frescoelmo

As I noted in a previous Fan 590 from a few months ago (slight self-embellishment forthcoming), I still think it's reasonable to ponder the idea of eventually allowing members (who have hit an elevated TPE floor over the course of their tenure here at the VHL) to create TPE-capped players .  I don't think welfare is the issue with tenured members, it's a matter of activity.  It doesn't have to be much, maybe somewhere between 200-400 TPE, but enough to make them at least useful fillers in a 10 team league.  Again, just throwing it out there.

Good adjustments otherwise :D

edit: hi

This elmo though

Yes, before this change the Old But Not Forgotten brought depreciation down to 6% for a player in their final season, but the Jagr ($4M cheaper) actually saved more TPE. So this 2% in the final season instead of 1% makes it more lucrative than the Jagr. 

Or you can just buy the OBNF AND the Jagr and get barely depreciated at all...