General Football Discussion

Victor

Boom, out of interest, how much do Australians care about Australia winning the Asian Cup?

I hope it's a lot because I like Australia playing football and would like to see it grow there.

Same, I can see a huge growth there if the right things are put in place.

Boom, out of interest, how much do Australians care about Australia winning the Asian Cup?

I hope it's a lot because I like Australia playing football and would like to see it grow there.

Well I think it's the first silverware we've won and the crowds were consistently good throughout the tournament. It got a lot of coverage down here but some of that was focused on Cahill and whether or not he continues to play internationally. I think the FFA will bid for more tournaments as we have pretty good infrastructure and playing facilities although not sure how successful we will be. Sepp was in election mode and made some nice comments(even though we booed the shit out of him) so maybe if we slip him a couple of million we might get the womens WC in in 2065 or some shit.

• Admin

I recall with fondness the 4-0 (could/should have been more) humiliation at the 2010 World Cup.

That said, I also recall with fondness the game against Netherlands in 2014 and Tim Cahill doing as Tim Cahill does.