General Football Discussion

Victor

Is Arsenal going to get Isco?  And Man U looks like they're getting De Bruyne and Depay... FML.

Can Liverpool get one class transfer pleeasee?

Going to get Ings, Ayew, Milner on free transfers it seems like.  Who the fuck are we going to spend on?

Edited by CoachReilly

Yeah even before the Barca game I wasn't very impressed with Pep. He thinks he tactically knows what he is doing, but he can never adjust properly and ends up starting and eleven that seems lost.

Lahm is one of my favourites of all time because of his character and ability to stay healthy. He is a German hero in regards to national spotlight and he highly regarded as the "Munich Mighty Mouse". Imagine playing for your hometown team (which is one of the top 5 in the world) forever (except that Stuttgart loan) and being the captain of that team and the National team for so long. He remains humble the entire time.

• Admin

Is Arsenal going to get Isco?  And Man U looks like they're getting De Bruyne and Depay... FML.

Can Liverpool get one class transfer pleeasee?

Going to get Ings, Ayew, Milner on free transfers it seems like.  Who the fuck are we going to spend on?

Highly doubt Isco is sold. Real are insane but Isco is quality. I have seen no rumours.

Really hope De Bruyne doesn't come back to Prem so soon to bite Chelsea but I have seen rumours to City.

All that said, I find any speculation this early very useless. Very very early days.

Yeah even before the Barca game I wasn't very impressed with Pep. He thinks he tactically knows what he is doing, but he can never adjust properly and ends up starting and eleven that seems lost.

He's still a good manager. With all due reservation as his Barca squad was already amazing, he did turn things around there and Bayern are still dominant. But I think the hype gets to him and he starts to believe he's some infallible genius. Bayern have no need for his "innovation".

That moment when you realise Tom Cleverley has more goals in his last 3 games than the team that loaned him out has had in their last 4 games. 

While I think Depay is a good young player from what I saw from him at the World Cup and should work well with Van Gaal, I do wonder how he fits into the system we have in place. He's predominantly a left winger, but Young has been playing well for us this season. Hopefully he has the impact that other recent players that have come from the Dutch league have had (Bony, Tadic, Eriksen). 

The biggest thing we need to address though is CB, or at least one that can stay fit and preferably one who can play well with the ball at his feet. Jones is actually a pretty good defender but he's really poor with the ball, I don't know what the hell people were seeing when they suggested he could ever play CM. 

Edited by YEAH!

He's still a good manager. With all due reservation as his Barca squad was already amazing, he did turn things around there and Bayern are still dominant. But I think the hype gets to him and he starts to believe he's some infallible genius. Bayern have no need for his "innovation".

Yeah that sums him nicely. Us Germans aren't ones to steer far from whats working. Heynckes (Happy Birthday) was a great manager for us and Pep is majorly different in his approach.

Also since I mentioned Heynckes, if you guys are readers go read a book titled "A Life too Short". It's the story of Robert Enke and his eventual death. Jupp Heynckes is well documented in it and I would hope one day I get to meet him because he had a lasting impression (positively) on Enke. Enke struggled with depression and eventually ended his life because of it but he was slated to be the nations #1 keeper.

Blind and van Persie were better for Netherlands than United under van Gaal tbh.

Well with Van Persie, that's kind of like comparing apples to tomatoes. With Netherlands they pretty much played the same system every game whereas with United, they've constantly been changing their systems to try and fit in Rooney, RVP and Falcao (although the best place for the latter this season turned out to be on the bench). along with all the Attacking mids, and when United did finally find a system that worked, it happened while RVP was injured. 

I'm disappointed with Blind, he looked really good at the World Cup but hasn't fit in this season, and when he's been asked to replace Carrick, we clearly look inferior. With any luck he'll turn it around in his second season like some of our other players in the past (I remember Vidic and De Gea having horrible first seasons with the club only to become one of the team's better players). 

TBH van Gaal also chops and changes too much. Another self-proclaimed tactical genius there.

Keep it simple, 4-4-2 lads.

No doubt he was wrong to start off at United with his 3-5-2 from the World Cup. I said it at the start of the season, but it was incredibly stupid to implement a 3 centreback system when that was unquestionably our weakest area. 

We were getting somewhere with the 4-2-3-1, and then four players got injured in the City game along with guys starting game-planning for Fellaini and it all went to shit. Just hope Carrick isn't missing as much next season as he was this one.

Edited by YEAH!

TBH van Gaal also chops and changes too much. Another self-proclaimed tactical genius there.

Keep it simple, 4-4-2 lads.

See that I don't agree with. I'm used to playing a 4-4-2 in my own personal career, but I much prefer the 4-2-3-1

• Admin

See that I don't agree with. I'm used to playing a 4-4-2 in my own personal career, but I much prefer the 4-2-3-1

It's a joke about the conservatism of English football and especially media.

In truth, a team of United's stature shouldn't be relying on an over-30 player with such an injury history to make their whole starting eleven tick.

I wouldn't say Carrick has a significant injury history (this'll only be his first season where he's played less than 28 games for us), but yes we should not have to rely on Carrick as much as we do.

COach - we'll probably buy Benkete haha

Benteke is a beast though.  Started bit slow this season due to injuries but scoring like crazy in last few months. I would love to see him in Liverpool.  I´m not a Pool fan but i think he would fit in nicely. 

Well season's officially over. Felt like we played better (and could have used Fabregas getting a much deserved second yellow), but as has been the case all season, we just can't convert.  Sterling has no idea how to cross the ball with his left foot. He played pretty well but when he gets down toward the goal line he could give a class on how to fuck it up.

Whoever was in charge of our transfers last off-season should probably never see an office position in soccer again. Pathetic.

Edited by CoachReilly