Is the Season 40 Draft Class the best ever?

Career tho by the end of my career I wouldn't be shocked to break single season records

Those SBs gonna fall fast once Davos becomes good though.

SB's are basically not that great to pass...probably means you spent time on a shit team.

Gorlab started out his career with two 100 point seasons...not every team has that.  Add this season which he likely hits 100 and that will be three consecutive 100 point seasons.  I'm not sure there is anyone in the league that has started out like that.

293 points in first 198 games is not something every team has.

Those SBs gonna fall fast once Davos becomes good though.

SB's are basically not that great to pass...probably means you spent time on a shit team.

Gorlab started out his career with two 100 point seasons...not every team has that. Add this season which he likely hits 100 and that will be three consecutive 100 point seasons. I'm not sure there is anyone in the league that has started out like that.

293 points in first 198 games is not something every team has.

Were not good now? Lol we were leading the league for awhile and I'm only improving. So is the rest of the team around us. The D is actually our strong point(me Richardson, Rubin, Zadorov).

Yes great points is great im 30 points behind him as a defender with 10x the hits and well can't compare SB cuz of course I've got more as a d.

They didn't pick wrong with me, I can't speak for Rubin. Not to mention points inflate in good teams with chemistry. He hasn't played for a single bad team his whole career(and I doubt he ever will). So unless he can put up those kinds of points on a bad team I'm not fazed.

I've improved my numbers every year since entering the league despite not being a huge TPE whore. And now sit among a class of very few in the league(aka top in points, hits, shots blocked, and PIMs for my position).

Hes obviously and elite point getter no denying that, however I've slowly bloosomed into an elite two way defender. And will only progress more as the years go on, see as I've now had more time to spend on my player.

My point is Davos most certainly does not regret picking me and I don't know many teams who wouldn't want to have my player.

I'm not bashing his accomplishments I'm just defending my teams choice in myself and back it up.

Edited by Gooningitup

Were not good now? Lol we were leading the league for awhile and I'm only improving. So is the rest of the team around us. The D is actually our strong point(me Richardson, Rubin, Zadorov).

Yes great points is great im 30 points behind him as a defender with 10x the hits and well can't compare SB cuz of course I've got more as a d.

They didn't pick wrong with me, I can't speak for Rubin. Not to mention points inflate in good teams with chemistry. He hasn't played for a single bad team his whole career(and I doubt he ever will). So unless he can put up those kinds of points on a bad team I'm not fazed.

I've improved my numbers every year since entering the league despite not being a huge TPE whore. And now sit among a class of very few in the league(aka top in points, hits, shots blocked, and PIMs for my position).

Hes obviously and elite point getter no denying that, however I've slowly bloosomed into an elite two way defender. And will only progress more as the years go on, see as I've now had more time to spend on my player.

My point is Davos most certainly does not regret picking me and I don't know many teams who wouldn't want to have my player.

I'm not bashing his accomplishments I'm just defending my teams choice in myself and back it up.

Certainly not bashing you.  My point was SBs do fall off when you are on better teams.  That happens for everyone.  In the last 3 seasons:

S41 DAV (worst of the three seasons)....Komarov averaged 2.01 SB per game.

S42 DAV (second worst of the three seasons)....Komarov averaged 1.83 SB per game.

S43 DAV (by far the best of the three)....Komarov averages 1.65 SB per game.

Davos didn't do wrong picking you.  Simply defending the notion that 3 Moons is essentially run of the mill offensive player.  Like I said, I'm not sure anyone in the league had 3 100 point seasons to start their career.  That isn't a dig at you as you are not an offensive defender.

Not taking penalties to a lot of people is worth more than hits.  Not saying I agree with that, but in a simulator, some people feel that way.

As for scoring on bad teams...that actually isn't always the case.  A lot of guys struggle when there is too much talent on a team and blossom when you are one of the only good players (see Tyrone Williams in Vasty).  Both were great picks I'd say.

Davos got a very solid two-way defender who could blossom into a consistently elite guy, while New York got a 100 point center that can anchor a top six line as an efficient and disciplined player.

Certainly not bashing you. My point was SBs do fall off when you are on better teams. That happens for everyone. In the last 3 seasons:

S41 DAV (worst of the three seasons)....Komarov averaged 2.01 SB per game.

S42 DAV (second worst of the three seasons)....Komarov averaged 1.83 SB per game.

S43 DAV (by far the best of the three)....Komarov averages 1.65 SB per game.

Davos didn't do wrong picking you. Simply defending the notion that 3 Moons is essentially run of the mill offensive player. Like I said, I'm not sure anyone in the league had 3 100 point seasons to start their career. That isn't a dig at you as you are not an offensive defender.

Not taking penalties to a lot of people is worth more than hits. Not saying I agree with that, but in a simulator, some people feel that way.

As for scoring on bad teams...that actually isn't always the case. A lot of guys struggle when there is too much talent on a team and blossom when you are one of the only good players (see Tyrone Williams in Vasty). Both were great picks I'd say.

Davos got a very solid two-way defender who could blossom into a consistently elite guy, while New York got a 100 point center that can anchor a top six line as an efficient and disciplined player.

I feel my SB have also dropped more solely because I've tried to round my game out more (see this season where I've just exploded offensively already beating last two years almost combined). If I stuck with building the way I wanted too 100% id likely be much high SB.

However we lacked offense so I helped step up best I can without sacrificing the way I want to play.

And if people didn't expect PIMS from me they haven't read my username or done any research on me lol my goals to be a brusing defender like Edwin basically

Edited by Gooningitup

I feel my SB have also dropped more solely because I've tried to round my game out more (see this season where I've just exploded offensively already beating last two years almost combined). If I stuck with building the way I wanted too 100% id likely be much high SB.

However we lacked offense so I helped step up best I can without sacrificing the way I want to play.

And if people didn't expect PIMS from me they haven't read my username or done any research on me lol my goals to be a brusing defender like Edwin basically

Perhaps..just that even the players with 99 defense block a lot less shots on good teams.

And I don't mean there is anything wrong with you having hits and PIM's..just that someone like Gorlab may value discipline to be on the ice more, so I don't think it's a knock on him to get hits.  If he had more hits, he would probably have less points due to being in the box more.  That's why it's hard to call anyone one-dimensional here, because defense is measured by hits which also can have a negative impact.

Boychuk had 103 points in his first VHL season, and this was on a Calgary team that wasn't much more than Boychuk, and a Boychuk with only a few hundred TPE or less as I don't remember what I was at. Definitely benefited him being on a worse team. As the Wranglers got better for those few seasons, his production declined while being surrounded by better talent in his early career. He went from 103, to 91, then down to 66 in his first 3 seasons. Then to a great Quebec team he got 103 points again.