Goalies, goalies everywhere!

The_Calgary_Herald.png

Calgary, AB -- Although Hans Wingate has struggled in recent games, looking forward, he felt good about his place in the league. Three of the top goaltenders are retiring after this season, and although many goalies such as Jax Barnstormer, Callum Sinclair and Blake Campbell had a one season lead on Wingate in getting drafted, Wingate's work ethic has put him in a strong position to be a top goalie next year.

However, his secure position may be changing. In recent days, three top-level goalies have declared for the Season 45 VHL Draft. And although Ariel Weinstein, Greg Clegane and Sandro Clegane wil have some catching up to do, their presence makes Wingate nervous.

"I was hoping to have a bit more separation between myself and the younger goalies," Wingate said. "We're going to have about eight active goalies in the span of five draft classes; nine if Lenny Face or Fedir Okranitz get their stuff together. That's a ridiculous number."

For Wingate, however, there is nowhere to look but forward. Given his current pace, Wingate projects to be the third-highest goalie in terms of TPE starting next season. If Waldron gets slammed by old age, he could even be second in terms of raw attributes.

"More competition just means I need to work harder," Wingate says. "I want to be the best goalie in the league one day, but getting there means I can't let up, not for a second."

im gonna go inactive at 174 TPE

I've always thought that if I wanted to be a dick, I'd apply for a VHLM GM position, recreate as a goalie and draft myself, go inactive at 175 TPE and just wreck shit for 9 straight seasons. But I'm not a dick.

I've always thought that if I wanted to be a dick, I'd apply for a VHLM GM position, recreate as a goalie and draft myself, go inactive at 175 TPE and just wreck shit for 9 straight seasons. But I'm not a dick.

Wouldn't work. Your player can only spend a certain amount of years in the VHLM.

I like how you think.

You're hired.