Chappie

brooks.

Did anyone see this film? It's really great. Die Antwoord play a pair of gangsters with their Mexican friend. The kid from Slumdog Millionaire creates a robot race and bonds with a new, upgraded, sentient robot who is named Chappie.

It's oddly human, really satisfying, strangely funny, definitely weird and has an ending that I really couldn't predict/didn't see coming but didn't find to be unbelievable. 

Check it out. It's in Redbox or you can watch it on yify.tv.

I hated it tbh, the gangsters were so fucking stupid.

But it was funny.

Yeah... but now knowing that it's Die Antwoord it makes sense. The gangsters fucking sucked but the way Chappie interacted with them was pretty sweet.

This is on my to watch list just saw whiplash which was awesome and gone girl which surprised me I liked it.

Gone Girl was amazing. I honestly loved it, crazy how a movie about a crazy bitch could be so good.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw chappie had a lot of district 9 going on but liked movie more than I thought hated the ending thought

Right? What the fuck. The one good part about the ending was that, no matter what I thought, I couldn't figure out the ending for myself. So at least they made it unpredictable and set up for a nice sequel if wanted.

• 5 years later...