VHL This Week Trivia Feedback + Poll

Victor

VHL This Week Trivia Feedback Poll  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

Season 44 VHL This Week trivia is coming to a close and though Molholt's articles seem to have died, I'm quite pleased with the results. Forty members have taken part so far, and I'd estimate around 30 more than once, so drastic changes will not be made going into next season, when trivia will start at the beginning of the season, not randomly midway.

What I do want to do is set up a consistent format of sending out questions, as opposed to chopping and changing every week. So I've set up a poll above with the options described below:

Number method (week 1): each member PMed me two numbers from 1 to 8 and got the two questions they randomly picked

Number method (week 3) each member PMed me one number from 1 to 4 and got two questions attached to that number

Alternative method: members received two questions after PMing me the answer to a simple question which were Scotty Campbell in week 2 and Tuomas Tukio in week 4.

There was also a fourth method used for this playoff edition but that's a one-off or will be used exclusively for the playoffs. Maybe. We'll see what the results are in this poll.

Oh and let me know if you have any other suggestions or criticism.

:cheers::vhl:

I don't mind what method was used. I liked all of them. Probably should stick with one of the number systems though, for the newer members' sake. 

We had plenty of time to answer the questions and Victor was very quick in PMing you the questions once you sent him the PM, maximizing your time to research and answer the questions. I liked that we sometimes had the liberty to pose a question that Victor could use in the future. This gives a lot of different types of questions and can extend the longevity of the questions.

The only downside to the "pick-a-number" is that out of 8 potential questions, I would only ever see 2. However, that's sort of negated by the Claim List thread because all the answers and questions are shown. I just don't get to look them up - but I'm weird like that. 

This was my favourite of all the Trivia (including those I've done in the SHL) and we should continue this! Thanks for your hard work and efforts Vicky!

• Admin

That moment when I voted "I don't care" too.

I actually might carry on the playoff system, if I lower it from 7 to 4, that will mean 5 questions can be asked (parts A are different (all 7 from other members) but part B is the same for each one) and each member will see 2.

The reason for the "randomising" methods is to ensure everyone has to do some research since you can't guarantee someone you ask will know the answer.

And yeah, the Bonus for sending me a question of your own will be back at some point. I currently have an unused question bank of 27 questions and since I use them randomly, I don't want someone's to get lost in the shuffle and them to never get that much needed 1 uncapped TPE.

I agree with Cowboy. It would be a little confusing, especially as a new member, to have answered a question (and think you're done with the trivia) only to be met with more questions.

I also like the idea of community participation, or at least delegating question generation to more than one person via job(s) or a simple ask for questions.

I'd rather another idea. Where you just sign up to be apart of trivia, and then you get PM'd your trivia questions. I know I didn't answer my last set, but there has been several weeks where I forgot to PM you to get the questions. You could even institute a rule that if you don't hear pack with answers from someone who signed up two times in a row that they have to re sign up to get questions from you again. 

I'd rather another idea. Where you just sign up to be apart of trivia, and then you get PM'd your trivia questions. I know I didn't answer my last set, but there has been several weeks where I forgot to PM you to get the questions. You could even institute a rule that if you don't hear pack with answers from someone who signed up two times in a row that they have to re sign up to get questions from you again. 

This would be useful for the participants, yes, but it may be too much of a burden to Victor to be worth it. It's significantly easier for him to just reply to each message rather than start 20+ conversations every week.