Kaminogi > Reencarnacion for S44ROTY

gorlab

Yes, you VHL bastards. it is gorlab here to bless you with some RIGHTEOUS knowledge and truth.

I believe it's a foregone conclusion that Edwin 'Hockey So Hard' Reencarnacion will be taking home the S44 VHL Rookie of the Year honours because he is one of the VHL old boys who gets dick rode by all of the other old boys. I have hand-crafted this VHL.com to dispute this injustice and challenge the VHL Award Voters to do the honourable thing and cast their vote for the man who actually deserves the ROTY, Souryuu Kaminogi.

I will break it down for the VHL public:

Reencarnacion - 72GP | 39G | 40A | 79P

Kaminogi -            72GP | 35G | 36A | 71P 

At first glance, any plebian VHLer would support Reencarnacion, HOWEVER the key difference is the teams and talent which each player played with.

Reencarnacion played for the contending New York Americans, who easily qualified for the playoffs. Kaminogi, however, played for the league's worst team, the Helsinki Titans. New York finished with almost 3x the points that Helsinki did (76 points to 27 points) and also played in the considerably easier conference.

Reencarnacion played with well-known VHL studs like Et'waun Delicious, Nicholas Caprivi, Jorma Ruutu, and Niklas Kurri. Backstopped by  the enigmatic Jax Barnstormer.

Kaminogi, however played with the likes of Pablo Escabar (plug), Wolfgang Strauss (alright), and George Patton (plug), yet still managed almost the exact same production as Reencarnacion.

There is no question that Kaminogi had the more impressive season, but due to VHL old boys club rules, he will not be honoured for such an incredible feat. Instead, Edwin Reencarnacion will receive the plaudits for simply showing up and reaping the benefits of a much better team. To top it off, he only had 105 PIMs which is borderline pathetic when compared to his reputation as one of the dirtiest players in the game.

I urge you to support Soryou Kaminogi for S44 VHL Rookie of the Year. Thank You.

J6Jjtwp.png

VmJ3evt.png

9OaN7jJ.png

Edited by gorlab

Reencarnacion will win it probably while Kaminogi deserves it more. Same thing in the VHLM awards. Everyone just votes for the one who gets most points and don't care how good the team around that player was. People ignore other stats too, for example hits and shot blocks. Voters care only about points I believe.

Having a good team around you doesn't always help you.  Just like having a bad team doesn't mean you'll have less stats (Tyrone Williams in Vasty a few seasons ago, Pablo Escabar this season).  Reencarnacion had a terrible start to the year and I had to change the lines to get him going.

Calling Escabar a plug after the season he just had is interesting btw.

Edited by Advantage

Yeah Gorlab, go back and look throughout history. The majority of the time a few good players on a bad team makes those players excel even more. 

You'll notice bad teams still score goals, no matter how bad they are. IF they have no players on them, the CPU players reap the rewards. If they have players on them, it's those few players who rack em up. In fact I'd argue Reencarnacion doing what he did on a roster with better players is MORE impressive than Kaminogi. 

lol you wanna play that game Gorlab? :) Let's look at some other stats, points aside! 

Reencarnation:

+/- = 34 (best on his team)

Hits: Hits Taken = 171:162 (Meaning he creates more chances of turnovers than he gives up)

Minutes Per Game = 26.26

Kaminogi:

+/- = -66 (4th worst on his team)

Hits: Hits Taken = 67:193 (way more turnover chances given up)

Minutes Per Game = 31.98 (most on his team and 2nd most in the league)

Reencarnacion will win it probably while Kaminogi deserves it more. Same thing in the VHLM awards. Everyone just votes for the one who gets most points and don't care how good the team around that player was. People ignore other stats too, for example hits and shot blocks. Voters care only about points I believe.

This was mainly a message to VHLM GM voters! Just sayin'