2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

58 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

For the first time in 46 years, Canada will be a no-playoff hockey zone

Hate to say it, but even in NJ I noticed this; Bettman must be real happy. The guy really is anti-Canadian.

1 minute ago, eaglesfan036 said:

plz some college football teams could even beat CFL teams.

Your point? Some CFL teams could beat some very weak ass NFL teams. You preach this whole Murica thing, but really hides your inability to face the fact that the USA is declining fast.

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Your point? Some CFL teams could beat some very weak ass NFL teams. You preach this whole Murica thing, but really hides your inability to face the fact that the USA is declining fast.

hahaha please even the Rams or Niners or Browns or whoever could crush any CFL team not even close. The CFL is composed of players who can't make it to the NFL

19 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

hahaha please even the Rams or Niners or Browns or whoever could crush any CFL team not even close. The CFL is composed of players who can't make it to the NFL

Actually that's false again. I've watched and actually had the pleasure of training with guys who are now in both leagues. A lot of CFL players don't even want to go to the NFL and in fact a bunch of CFL players were former NFL draft picks that straight up rejected an invitation to NFL training camp. You need to step outside your backdoor for once and gain some knowledge of both systems. Yes a bunch of CFL players are castoffs of the NFL but plenty of CFL players went on to above average careers in the NFL. Warren Moon, Cam Wake, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia and so on were guys who weren't NFL castoffs but rather put time in to improve.

However this is the NHL thread haha

On 3/31/2016 at 0:06 AM, eaglesfan036 said:

lol how many playoff teams does canada have

I mean, come on. The NHL is a bit better when it comes to notable stars representing other countries, but the game is still dominated by Canadians. Olympic wise, Canada still dominates when all of it's core players can participate. When it comes to players in their prime, or at the 23-35 age, Canada dominates. I think your seeing Canada struggle more at the World Jr not because we lack in good prospects/young players but more because the development of players in other countries has gotten a lot better. A lot more younger foreign players are getting shots in the NHL these days. But it doesn't change the fact that Canada is still the dominant hockey country. Almost every NHL team is made up of like 30%+ Canadians.