What would it take to trade for ______ ?

boubabi

Hola

Here's a funny "fantasy" thread that could get some fans around the league involve.

Ain't going full  EA NHL mode here (2021 1st round pick to acquire a top player) but I think receiving other people's opinion could help us get a good NHL related thread.

Here's my first "entry"

What would it take to take Patrice Bergeron out of Boston and which team could be interested in acquiring a guy like Patrice Bergeron.

Edited by boubabi

Florida can offer an interesting package like 

Nick Bjugstad

Nikolai Kulikov 

because Boston would want someone to replace Bergeron in the form of another center and i assume they need defense and Florida has some interesting D prospects that could step in for Kulikov. Plus this gives Florida cap space for Barkov coming off his entry level deal. 

Interesting, Bjugstad's progression is going well, but don't you think Boston would be more interested in a pick instead of kulikov?

I think you might need to add some picks with Bjugstad and Kulikov. You never really know how good your draft picks are going to be. Kulikov has already played multiple seasons in NHL.   

The best comparison would be the Ryan O'Reilly trade to Buffalo. Bergeron being a better O'Reilly could land at least 2 good players and a 2nd rounder. Does Zadorov has a better trade value than Kulikov ? Maybe. Bjugstad, being obviously better than Grigorenko at any point, is fitting here too.

Could Boston be greedy and ask for Gudbrandson instead of Kulikov ? 

Or at least Bjugstad/Kulikov/Matheson/2nd round pick

but in all honesty, I don't want to see Bjugstad leave if I'm the Florida's GM

Edited by boubabi

The best comparison would be the Ryan O'Reilly trade to Buffalo. Bergeron being a better O'Reilly could land at least 2 good players and a 2nd rounder. Does Zadorov has a better trade value than Kulikov ? Maybe. Bjugstad, being obviously better than Grigorenko at any point, is fitting here too.

it all depends on what Dale Tallon thinks of his chances of going far in the playoffs. I dont think Matheson is going anywhere if Kulikov is going to leave because thats who in all likely will step in. the 2nd pick is going to be there. I think Bjugstad Kulikov and a 2nd is even money for a 30 year old Bergeron. ROR is only 24 is he not? 

Has there been some rumors about Bergeron leaving Boston ? I don´t follow NHL that closely but trade like this would be sexy.  :P

eum, I personally think he is overrated. Considering he wants 9M a year (from the recent news) not quite sure Carolina will pay this price. Not a lot of team in the NHL either. So likely a 1st rounder, a cap dump, and maybe a mid tier prospect

eum, I personally think he is overrated. Considering he wants 9M a year (from the recent news) not quite sure Carolina will pay this price. Not a lot of team in the NHL either. So likely a 1st rounder, a cap dump, and maybe a mid tier prospect

Montreal throws up a 1st, Desharnais and De La Rose.

While I am hardly a fan of moving DLR, Montreal has wanted Staal for years and he would fit well alongside Pacioretty and Gallagher.  Plekanec can move to the third line and provide his two-way presence there.

Not sure if Montreal would want to pay him what he wants, but perhaps he'd take less to be on a better team.  Or maybe he would just be a rental.

I got a couple that were thrown around:

What would it take for Loui Eriksson?

Nashville seems like a good destination for Loui.  A team that has plenty of cap space and could use a boost up front.  While he isn't quite the player he was in his Dallas days, I think he would enjoy the change of pace of going back to a smaller market.

He could fit well on either the second line or even on the third line where they have been putting James Neal and Cody Hodgson lately.

2nd Round Pick, Jack Doughtery, Justin Kirkland

Two B level prospects and a 2nd.  Not sure he would command a 1st.

Nashville seems like a good destination for Loui.  A team that has plenty of cap space and could use a boost up front.  While he isn't quite the player he was in his Dallas days, I think he would enjoy the change of pace of going back to a smaller market.

He could fit well on either the second line or even on the third line where they have been putting James Neal and Cody Hodgson lately.

2nd Round Pick, Jack Doughtery, Justin Kirkland

Two B level prospects and a 2nd.  Not sure he would command a 1st.

Liked just for the fact you named Justin Kirkland from the Kelowna Rockets

yah, eriksson could go somewhere like the wings or something for the swedish connection. Eriksson seems to play well in the international competitions.

Not a big fan of Berglund. He seems like the number 1 target for the ST.Louis fan base. So a 3rd center value basically.

Edited by boubabi

yah, eriksson could go somewhere like the wings or something for the swedish connection. Eriksson seems to play well in the international competitions.

Not a big fan of Berglund. He seems like the number 1 target for the ST.Louis fan base. So a 3rd center value basically.

You mean you think Blues fans think he is a #1 center? Because I don't agree. He is a 3rd line center and everyone including management knows that.