VHFL Improvement Discussion

scoop

What are things that you guys would like to see added or changed? I don't want the VHFL to be just another TPE source; I want people to enjoy participating and following along and whatever. I know some of you already do, but that doesn't mean it's perfect. Use this thread to help me make it better!

I think it would be able to draft a few bench players you could sub in if people weren't doing well

I had actually thought about that as well. I'd probably reduce the roster sizes. Maybe change it back to 3-2-1 with a 3-2-1 bench; starting lineups have to be 20M or less, but your team in total could be whatever. That's just an initial idea.

you could make roster changes? well damn. 

Not this season; in Season 44 you could.

I don't know if it would requires too much work for you, but it would be a new roster everyweek. Every week, we will have to fill a 5 man roster (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, 1 GK) and a X million cap to follow. But, we would need to fill specific set of requirements every week. As for example, every week would have 3 random requirements to follow. Requirement could be anything really. It could be "You need a player who has 2 of the same letter in his last name" "A player within his rookie contract" "A player from a specific region", " A player from a certain team" "A player with a specific rating", "A player with a specific weight or below a specific height" etc. It would come to creativity from there.

So people would have to search a bit if some players enters in a specific requirement and trying to make the best combination within the rules and the cap space.  

Edited by boubabi

I don't know if it would requires too much work for you, but it would be a new roster everyweek. Every week, we will have to fill a 5 man roster (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, 1 GK) and a X million cap to follow. But, we would need to fill specific set of requirements every week. As for example, every week would have 3 random requirements to follow. Requirement could be anything really. It could be "You need a player who has 2 of the same letter in his last name" "A player within his rookie contract" "A player from a specific region", " A player from a certain team" "A player with a specific rating", "A player with a specific weight or below a specific height" etc. It would come to creativity from there.

So people would have to search a bit if some players enters in a specific requirement and trying to make the best combination within the rules and the cap space.  

While I would personally be in favor of something that requires actual weekly participation, I feel like (based on the original responses to the thread where I first announced that roster adjustments would be allowed for S44) a lot of people would be opposed to it.

I feel like there's a middle ground somewhere between no changes whatsoever and allowing to swap out at will. Perhaps a maximum of one change per week, that goes into effect the following Monday? Also like the bench idea as well, but would need to do it smartly - I would just spend almost all of my cash on starters and simply never make any changes.

I feel like there's a middle ground somewhere between no changes whatsoever and allowing to swap out at will. Perhaps a maximum of one change per week, that goes into effect the following Monday? Also like the bench idea as well, but would need to do it smartly - I would just spend almost all of my cash on starters and simply never make any changes.

I wouldn't want to limit the number of changes you can make per week, and it would certainly not be one change per week. Three is probably the very least I would go.

As far as the bench idea, I would do it something like this: starting lineups are 3 F, 2 D, 1 G; bench is 3 F/D, 1 G. Your starting lineup can never exceed 20M; your team can not exceed 40M. That's just a rough idea regarding the roster sizes and cap amounts. But just think of it as something like S44 where you could make changes, but instead of being able to switch in any player, you only have the few players that you selected to choose from.