Minor Changes

Will

• Senior Admin

With FA opening and the off-season in full swing, I come with a couple of small changes that we've come up with over the past season.

Waiver-Trade Cap Avoidance

The waiver system is flawed and allows teams to release players with 0 cap hit rather than trading them. This has been done several times over the past number of seasons, however we just don't think it's reasonable to be allowing teams to release 100% of a players cap hit at any point in the season.

From now on, any player claimed on waivers will follow the same standards for cap distribution as trades. The specifics of these rules are listed under Section 6.4 'Trading Salaries' in the rulebook. This is perhaps a temporary solution as we review the waiver system as a whole.

Inactive Bonuses

In order to avoid ridiculously small rosters and extreme tanking, inactive players are no longer eligible to have bonuses offered to them. This means you will no longer be able to offer 4-5 inactive players $7M contracts each and reach the cap floor. Instead, rosters will need to be larger. 

An inactive will be defined as someone who hasn't posted within 30 days from the time the bonus is offered. 

World Cup/Super Cup

It's been decided that the Super Cup just isn't working, people aren't interested in it and thus we're going to stop doing them. World Cup will from now on happen every second off-season, and we're working on some things to do in those other off-seasons.

5 hours ago, Draper said:

Waiver-Trade Cap Avoidance

The waiver system is flawed and allows teams to release players with 0 cap hit rather than trading them. This has been done several times over the past number of seasons, however we just don't think it's reasonable to be allowing teams to release 100% of a players cap hit at any point in the season.

From now on, any player claimed on waivers will follow the same standards for cap distribution as trades. The specifics of these rules are listed under Section 6.4 'Trading Salaries' in the rulebook. This is perhaps a temporary solution as we review the waiver system as a whole.

Isn't that the shit I was against the whole time ? I love yo udraper, but you took advantage of this rule so bad lmao

23 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Isn't that the shit I was against the whole time ? I love yo udraper, but you took advantage of this rule so bad lmao

Technically wasn't a rule so he didn't take advantage of the rule per say. He took advantage of the fact there was no rule against it.

7 hours ago, Knight said:

When was it ever okay to release a player without retaining 50% of their salary against the cap? :/

If another team picked them up, they would have to pick up the full salary. I dunno, people don't waive players too often.