Fuck this shit

Toast

19 hours ago, Toast said:

@JardyB10

Got it. So its my responsibility to check in with you guys every single sim to make sure there haven't been changes to what GMs were already told? 

This communication thing you want to rant about is a two-way street.  

I know you're mad, but from this response I don't believe you've comprehended my post at all.

No, you don't need to check in with us every sim. I said any change every GM makes ever almost always gets sent to both of us, simultaneously. Do you send lines to ONLY my email or ONLY Draper's email? Does anyone ONLY PM me or ONLY PM Draper when they want to start a backup? No. I was barely even laying any fault with you at all when you only PM'd Draper about changing your lines later, I made a quick parenthesis about it was a small thing even you could have done that would have prevented this. I'm not denying that most of the issue was between Draper and I. My point was literally that it was just a series of small things that combined to make an unfortunate soup. You don't need to tell me that "communication is a two-way street" because that is exactly what I was saying the whole time. I wrote three paragraphs about how everything fucked up and one sentence was about you and you just honed in on that.

And reading through this thread, that was before I knew this exchange between "you and Draper" was actually a mass PM to GMs. So yes, it was all our fault in this case, so I'm sorry. But that doesn't change the fact that this result shouldn't have you and Jamie and whoever else on suicide watch. It really sucks, and I'm really sorry, but telling everyone "fuck yourself" and implying that I'm just a drunk who doesn't give a fuck about anything doesn't change anything, no less the fact that this series was doomed to end the way it did, regardless of how everything played out.

And round 2 hasn't even begun yet. If you feel this is worthy of a re-sim, just say the word. It's not too late. I'm not afraid to erase a 4OT game and an inactive's GWG streak for the sake of a box of Kleenix. I won't even leave it to a league or Commie vote, just say the word.

As for any "test simming unfairness controversy," as a couple people have said, A. It's not like it helps significantly, as you may have noticed, and B. There is and never was anything stopping you from buying a copy of STHS for $50 and asking for a copy of the league file.

16 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Wranglers results stay the same with re-sim though right?

If Riga still gets swept in the live sim I won't change anything. If they miraculously come back and win the series and Seattle also miraculously comes back and wins the series I suppose I'll have to do a series of unpleasant rigging off camera until both Riga and Calgary wins. If Riga miraculously comes back and wins the series and Seattle extends the series to 6 or 7 games and still loses, I'll just leave it at that instead of trying to rig.

More realistically though, both teams will eventually lose out in less than seven games and I won't upload the new results and just start Round 2 as normal.

Or, rather, if @Toast doesn't reply within the next hour and a half, Draper will do all those things.

Edited by JardyB10

I mean, I won't oppose to a re-sim. :lol:

My apologies for how I reacted to the whole situation to anyone I got pissy with. I don't feel a re-sim is necessary though since I don't want to change things days later. I'll send lines in for a test sim though?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Toast said:

I wanted the 0-12 streak to live on so I purposely botched the lines... mhm. Yep.

Technically I'm 0-14 now.

You did alright in shootout stats. ;)

And WC medals: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/22461-world-cup-medals/

#shamelessplugthatitwasupdated

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

You did alright in shootout stats. ;)

And WC medals: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/22461-world-cup-medals/

#shamelessplugthatitwasupdated

Considering I only joined around S27, I'm very impressed with my count so far.