S48 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Will

S48 Brett Slobodzian Trophy  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Senior Admin
30 minutes ago, der meister said:

After much deliberation, I had to go Sandro. 

I am kind of surprised that Sandro/Karnage haven't gotten more votes.

12 minutes ago, Draper said:

Edwin led a lot of the categories I expected Carnage to lead, and even when he didn't his 15 more points was huge.

14 minutes ago, Draper said:

It seems the Save Percentage of the Year Trophy writing is on the wall for me then come awards time. Let's start my bitching early.

15 minutes ago, Victor said:

I don't think any goaltender for a while has been particularly outstanding.

All three of us this year had about equivalent stats to when Tukio won in S37, Szatkowski won in S41 and Brookside won in S42 tbh. Not that I'd put us over Reencarnacion this year, but worth mentioning.

• Admin
41 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

All three of us this year had about equivalent stats to when Tukio won in S37, Szatkowski won in S41 and Brookside won in S42 tbh. Not that I'd put us over Reencarnacion this year, but worth mentioning.

hmm shit

Is Sandro Clegane most outstanding because he matches better goaltending seasons of the past but so did two others or is Reencarnacion most outstanding because he beat all opposition but actually not that impressive historically?

Question up there with can Humbert be most sportsmanlike without being capable of getting points?

1 hour ago, Draper said:

Karnage I could see, but not Sandro. Honestly, two have only 2 fewer shutouts than Wingate, and being the only Bear up for this award [as opposed to Wingate], Sandro is the clear Goalie of the Year. Then it becomes a two horse race between Edwin and Sandro. They both have very strong arguments, but I went with Sandro in part because in general, goalie is the most important position on a team.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, der meister said:

Karnage I could see, but not Sandro. Honestly, two have only 2 fewer shutouts than Wingate, and being the only Bear up for this award [as opposed to Wingate], Sandro is the clear Goalie of the Year. Then it becomes a two horse race between Edwin and Sandro. They both have very strong arguments, but I went with Sandro in part because in general, goalie is the most important position on a team.

this isn't MVP though

• Admin
3 minutes ago, der meister said:

933 sv% and a sub 2.00 GAA to go along with it? That's pretty MVP to me. 

I mean this award isn't. It's most outstanding, not most valuable.

31 minutes ago, der meister said:

933 sv% and a sub 2.00 GAA to go along with it? That's pretty MVP to me. 

MVP and Outstanding Player are two different awards man, have to recognize that before voting.

3 hours ago, der meister said:

Fair enough. Not that my vote makes any difference here.

It may not this time, but at least you were told the difference. Some people don't actually know we have two separate awards.

42 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

It may not this time, but at least you were told the difference. Some people don't actually know we have two separate awards.

Yeah. Fair point. I understand the difference between the two, but by the same token, it *is* a little silly to have two different things.