S48 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Will

S48 Brett Slobodzian Trophy  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

Overhauling the whole attribute and update scale system just so we can get two stats which according to some SHLers are questionable anyway? That seems like a reasonable solution.

Also, I suspect v2 caters to teams with 4 lines which is why it doesn't work here.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Also triple post because fuck it. I'm confused by some of the people making comments about how Sandro/Karnage should have more votes. I mean, I agree they had great seasons. But it isn't like Edwin is robbing them here. The dude had the most points by 12, had the most goals (Karnage was 10 goals off him) and still potted 330+ hits, good for second in the league. Karnage was a beast physically this season, and he rightfully dominates the two way forward category by a country mile. While Clegane had a very strong season, it wasn't one of those unfathomable ones that some goalies have had, and even still he has the second most votes, with almost 10. 

Maybe I'm crazy but it isn't that strange to me that the person leading this award vote is arguably the most deserving candidate statistically. 

Don't get me wrong, i've pretty much crossed the slobo and the mvp from my list, I will only care about things I can control. Just odd that someone who will end 2nd in league history for gwg and pretty much top 10 everywhere never won the most outstanding/mvp in his career. But I don't really care from this point really. This season is a no brainer for edwin, it was more about the prior voting. I guess I was trying too hard.

If all that matters is save percentage, why put wins, shutouts, GAA on the list at all? 

Might as well just award the Shaw outright to the person with the highest GAA like the Brooks does to goals. :ph34r: 

And my point being that I don't see how making this a public poll is relevant or credible. If we tried to compare this to the "media" voting in the nhl, I still think thise media are more credible than the average semi active vhler. 

Not that I think the GM voting is 100% credible either. Should be a BoG vote imo

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Wingate had the 2nd most shutouts of all-time

Where the hell did this made up stat come from?

46 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Don't get me wrong, i've pretty much crossed the slobo and the mvp from my list, I will only care about things I can control. Just odd that someone who will end 2nd in league history for gwg and pretty much top 10 everywhere never won the most outstanding/mvp in his career. But I don't really care from this point really. This season is a no brainer for edwin, it was more about the prior voting. I guess I was trying too hard.

It's OK, Karnage can cry next to Lars Berger, who also hit people, scored GWGs, and was never considered for MVP. Also had more TPE than anyone else.

Pretty much twins if you ignore the cups.

27 minutes ago, Molholt said:

@CowboyinAmerica who I either trust implicitly, or who I am. Still up in the air. 

26 minutes ago, Victor said:

god damn he actually is losing it with Wingate

just retire now Cowboy, no point playing this season.

Pretty sure I didn't say that, or if I did it was in the context of career playoff shutouts (which is true)

12 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Pretty sure I didn't say that, or if I did it was in the context of career playoff shutouts (which is true)

Well it turns out I can be wrong 

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

Well it turns out I can be wrong 

It's all good. This point still stands on its own.

1 hour ago, Molholt said:

If all that matters is save percentage, why put wins, shutouts, GAA on the list at all? 

Might as well just award the Shaw outright to the person with the highest GAA save percentage like the Brooks does to goals. :ph34r: