Remove 2 TPE per week review limit

1 hour ago, Draper said:

Yeah it wasn't around when I was HG or when you were HG, and i've never heard of it until now. I feel like something the updaters made up lol

Its been around since season 1, when Boulet was head grader. Not saying someone didn't try to make it go away or forgot, but the limit was there when I graded over 7 years ago

Edited by Smarch

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Smarch said:

Its been around since season 1, when Boulet was head gradet

So essentially it's an archaic limit that has only sporadically been enforced. Why again do we need it? Tons of rules have changed since S1 and we've already established that this has been basically bypassed depending on who was updating at varying times so it hardly seems necessary to keep around.

Like I said before, at he very least it should be increased to 3 or 4. Those wouldn't be the easiest to hit but would give decent incentive if they were.

• Senior Admin
7 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Its been around since season 1, when Boulet was head grader. Not saying someone didn't try to make it go away or forgot, but the limit was there when I graded over 7 years ago

Hmm strange. In any case I would never say grading can replace a point task but I don't have a huge issue with people claiming 3 if they have no other jobs.

8 minutes ago, Draper said:

Hmm strange. In any case I would never say grading can replace a point task but I don't have a huge issue with people claiming 3 if they have no other jobs.

Other jobs are worth 3 tho too, I fully believed and one of the reasons I stepped down was 2 the wasn't enough for everything I did for the vhlm commish job.

Also the statement from ewrlier in the thread that jobs that know the workload is heavy going in should be rewarded with higher pay is a overly stupid comment. 

Though I'm definitely for the increase in the cap, I feel that it's really only going to benefit the gfx guys, mainly Beketov, who graded 26 things the past week. Meanwhile, the media section's most active graders, ADwyer, JPL, Evans, and myself combined for 19 total graded articles and as you'll see, there shouldn't be anything left waiting on a grade.

I'm not saying that the MS graders/reviewers need more TPE. I'm not sure what I'm saying tbh.

• Commissioner
Just now, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Though I'm definitely for the increase in the cap, I feel that it's really only going to benefit the gfx guys, mainly Beketov, who graded 26 things the past week. Meanwhile, the media section's most active graders, ADwyer, JPL, Evans, and myself combined for 19 total graded articles and as you'll see, there shouldn't be anything left waiting on a grade.

I'm not saying that the MS graders/reviewers need more TPE. I'm not sure what I'm saying tbh.

With a proper GFX staff that would easily be the case as well. Things get graded faster and no one hits more than 2 TPE a week anyway. However right now we are understaffed and therefore overworked. Upping the limit would allow for a bit of time to hire and give the graders who remained active an incentive to tackle the overwhelming list of things to grade.

Just now, Beketov said:

With a proper GFX staff that would easily be the case as well. Things get graded faster and no one hits more than 2 TPE a week anyway. However right now we are understaffed and therefore overworked. Upping the limit would allow for a bit of time to hire and give the graders who remained active an incentive to tackle the overwhelming list of things to grade.

There we go. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread I think a better solution would be to hire more GFX guys. 

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

There we go. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread I think a better solution would be to hire more GFX guys. 

And that's being done but why not both?

Turnaround on PT Staff is very high, right now it's GFX but a few months ago it was Writing that was taking the hit which is why Dollar wound up with so much banked.

Definitely more people are needed and the application is open but why does that fact negate the simple fact that imposing a limit, especially such a strict one, just doesn't make sense. When the staff is understaffed a limit simply incentivizes us to work less. Why should I do 6 TPE worth of reviews and get paid for 2 when I could just stop at the 2?

When the staff is all working well, no one will ever claim more than 2 anyway so that crowd stays happy. However, when the inevitable instability of the job catches up and we are understaffed the ones who are doing their job get a little (and still capped) incentive to keep doing good work until more help arrives.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

I think 3 or 4 cap plus hiring of graders. But I have no say lol

I think that's more than fair. The chances of anyone even hitting a cap of 3 or 4 consistently is pretty low; even if the amounts needed stayed the same. Last month or so aside I don't think I've gotten over 4 before and even getting 4 was rare.

It is fair that we shouldn't be able to replace a PT fully with grading (I'll be honest after finishing grading 6 TPE worth I was probably pushing a bit further than needed) but I think being capped at only 2 is a little extreme when obviously in low times we get way more than that done.

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, Smarch said:

Other jobs are worth 3 tho too, I fully believed and one of the reasons I stepped down was 2 the wasn't enough for everything I did for the vhlm commish job.

You don't gotta tell me that homes, I resent my 2 TPE commish pay! 

Also if you're the Head guy like me, then you already get 1 TPE for being the Head of PT Staff.....so I only "need" to grade 4 things to get to the cap. There is no incentive for me to go in and catch up all the reviews, besides being a nice guy, really.

On the writing side as well it's happened more than a few times over the past couple of seasons that things were left behind. I'd go to like Page 3 of the Media Spots and there'd be stuff there uncommented on. :lol: But a lot of that is because I was working a little too much and didn't have a lot of time. I won't be after this week.

17 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

If other jobs usually pay 3, seems like it would make sense to make it a 3 TPE limit

What jobs are those? I only know of simming that is more than 2 TPE.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

What jobs are those? I only know of simming that is more than 2 TPE.

I dunno! I was just going off what other people were saying. Don't blame me, blame them!

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

I dunno! I was just going off what other people were saying. Don't blame me, blame them!

Simming is the only one I know of that pays more than 2, so not sure where the others got that from.