Freaks and Geeks

scoop

34 minutes ago, Green said:

Watched it, was fun indeed. But expected more out of it considering the names that were in it.

But you have to keep in mind it was well before they were anybody. Not fair to judge based off of future performances. 

2 hours ago, Green said:

You will always go in it with expectations if you know the actors. They were just unlucky I didn't see it before they got big ;)

Your have to adjust your expectations when the actors are kids tho, even if they are stars now in their 30s

I have less issue with the young acting. I think the young writing by Apatow is what had me surprisingly disappointed. He has improved two fold since this. 

But seriously, what a great eye for talent.

Edited by Shaka

11 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I don't want to make its own thread, so in the spirit of stars before they got big, anyone watch wet hot American summer. The original and the Netflix series

The original, yes. I saw one or two episodes of the series. Paul Rudd looks the same in both.  Both are hilarious. What did you think of the series?

In the same vein as Freak and Geeks, anyone watch Undeclared with Jay Baruchel? I have not.

Just now, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

The original, yes. I saw one or two episodes of the series. Paul Rudd looks the same in both.  Both are hilarious. What did you think of the series?

In the same vein as Freak and Geeks, anyone watch Undeclared with Jay Baruchel? I have not.

I enjoyed the series, I think it got better on four or five episodes in. 

9 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I enjoyed the series, I think it got better on four or five episodes in. 

I didn't think it was bad, just never ended up watching more of it. I like H John Benjamin or whatever his name is from Home Movies and more recently Bob's Burgers even thought it's just his voice.

34 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I don't want to make its own thread, so in the spirit of stars before they got big, anyone watch wet hot American summer. The original and the Netflix series

I did NOT like the first, so I didn't watch the new one. I thought the first was awful. I don't think I laughed once. Great cast and cool to see some actors when they were young(Ken Marino haha) but just not a very good movie imo. 

18 minutes ago, Shaka said:

I did NOT like the first, so I didn't watch the new one. I thought the first was awful. I don't think I laughed once. Great cast and cool to see some actors when they were young(Ken Marino haha) but just not a very good movie imo. 

We are the same person.

18 minutes ago, Shaka said:

I think the guy from SVU, Christopher Maloney, was the best character (the cafeteria worker).