Claimed:More on Zamora, Free Agency

frescoelmo

• Head Moderator

More on Zamora, Free Agency

201011-a-afc-portland-or.jpg

For the latest on middling forward Felix Zamora and the bid for his services in the Victory Hockey League, we traveled to the marvelous yet mysterious land of Oregon, where the rivers flow like Pabst Blue Ribbon at a frat party and the women have just enough hair to be detected by the Kansas City Chiefs.

In the latest developments, a whopping eight teams have taken interest in vying for Felix’s mostly tapped, yet consistent talents.  Ranging from the beginnings of a full rebuild to the odds-on favorite to win next year’s championship, the options seem to be endless for Zamora.  After receiving a considerable amount of interest in the honeymoon hours of free agency, Felix realized that teams were interested in signing him to long term deals.  And while Felix surely would like to get comfortable in one city and grow with a franchise, he pondered whether just running to a team that “sounded the best” at that moment was really the best career move...  even if it meant winning a title.  Having been idle with league news and happenings for months, the soon-to-be veteran forward posted on his twitter account last night that he is only interested in signing one-year deals with a franchise.  This was the result of him mulling over his options and determining that he would rather slowly acclimate to the new VHL rather than jump into a situation he would hate down the road.

Portland-OR.jpg

Walking into his fourth season with an all-around build that would fit many teams, Felix Zamora has room to grow in many facets of the game.  ”His ability to adjust to a team’s needs is probably the biggest reason why teams are so interested in him.  They see the need for a ‘face-off’ guy, a ‘two-way’ guy, a ‘special teams’ guy…  Felix can be any one of those with relative ease… and perhaps all of them,” one general manager exclaimed.  With a price tag that makes the other big time free agents look lofty, it’s easy to see why teams would like a relatively young, dependable and cheap option to boost their franchise.

The $2,500,000 dollar question is where does each VHL franchise rank on Felix’s big board?  There have been rumors of eight different teams offering him a deal, perhaps more in the near future.  We attempted to yank the list out of him, or anything for that matter, but to no avail.  “Europe would be exciting to live in; I am a huge traveler in my free time.  I would love to stay in Canada though.  America would be fun too!” Zamora went on and on, but never really separated one team from another, let alone picking a national or even a conference.  He did, however, go on for a bit more about what he was interested in hearing from teams.  ”I would like to see what your plans would be for me if I were to join your team.  Think of it as an audition for my next contract, one that could span the last four years of my career.  I would rather join a team and know my role so I can be the best at it for the entirety of my time in the VHL.  The messages from some teammates ranting on about how cool their franchise is are great, but that doesn’t do much for me if I’m stuck with a bottom feeder for the next four to five years,” Felix finished, leaving shortly thereafter.

Felix noted during his latest dialogue with league members that he would like to make a decision soon, but that it could take the length of free agency to determine what the best fit might be.

Content: 3/3 - You've certainly found yourself in high demand lately. Enjoy the spotlight and remember that if you come to Davos, you get to play with meeeeeeeeeeee!

Grammar: 2/2 - One tiiiiiny thing here.

twitter = Twitter

Appearance: 1/1 - Pictures, color... oh yeah.

Overall: 6/6 - APPROVED!