Goals/10
Assists/12
Points/10 
Hits/30
Shot Blocks/15
+/- Rating/6 (Above +0)
Fights 2 points per fight

FO Won/150

So Goals and Points are divided the same, but Assists are basically discouraged from being selected because of poor return on investment. It doesn't make any sense. Building a pure passer like I have, I had 21 goals and 74 assists, so my player clearly played the way I've built him. But /12 for assists, versus /10 for points? That just doesn't jive in my head. I'm not suggesting that points should be /15, though I could understand the argument for that. I do think that assists should also be 10. Consider that the leading playmaker this year had 77 assists, but 144 points. There's just no reason for anyone, even myself as a pure playmaker, to ever select Assists in the Achievement Tracker, and it's a waste. 

Similarly, for defenders, points are /7, but assists are /10. It just doesn't make sense. 

Edited by der meister

LOL 

I actually never noticed that...

The passing and the points should really be inverted.

I think the thinking was that "well you have 2 chances to get an assist on a goal... and only one on a goal, so Goals should be worth more."

But by that same token... there's 3 possible points on a goal... so why is a point more valuable than an assist (which IS a point)

I think the scale should be more like 8 for goal, 9 for assist, and 10 (or 12) for a point.

Just now, flyersfan1493 said:

It's the way it's been forever, and I'm sure there was a reason for it at some point, but it should probably be looked at for next season.

oh yea, I forgot you got the new co-commy spot left by Smarchy. Congrats! (and hai!)

This rule was put in place long before my reign, but I think I can shed some light on this for you peasants. 

The thought process as to why assists are worth less than goals is that it is easier to get an assist than get a goal (you can be one of the two previous people to possess the puck vs only 1 goal scorer, plus every goal always has an assist). 

As to why goals are worth the same as points, I have no idea. You would think it would be something like goals/10, assists/12, and points /15 or something like that. 

20 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

This rule was put in place long before my reign, but I think I can shed some light on this for you peasants. 

The thought process as to why assists are worth less than goals is that it is easier to get an assist than get a goal (you can be one of the two previous people to possess the puck vs only 1 goal scorer, plus every goal always has an assist). 

As to why goals are worth the same as points, I have no idea. You would think it would be something like goals/10, assists/12, and points /15 or something like that. 

I figured the thought process on assists less than goals, but less than points is just stupid.