Claimed:VHL Team = NHL Team [Reviewed]

The alarm rang, my head turned and the automatic thought to my brain was, "fuck yes, no work on a Friday". As I sat at the kitchen table, sipping a coffee (2 cream, 2 sugar), I figured to place a bet with my other fellow foreman on the Belgium/Wales game. A total of 140 on the game for Belgium to pull off the victory and win us around $250 on 1.85 odds. Following that, I thought to myself, "Oh shit, I have a media spot needing to be done prior to the end of this week and haven't the slightest idea what the hell to write". I got to thinking and was thinking about all the Oilers signings today and the process they have gone through. With that, I figured they were fairly similar to the Calgary Wranglers and/or the Seattle Bears of the VHL. Thus, the idea of NHL to VHL came to mind. Don't bitch if I butch it, but enjoy the effort and small amounts of entertainment the idea will bring. 

:sea: Seattle Bears - Edmonton Oilers  logo.png

20150105_hallcelly.gif

Seattle = Edmonton. Why not one last Oilers Gif with Hall in it? R.I.P 

I believe the team that is most suited for the Bears is the Edmonton Oilers. While the team had a successful few years, they've faded from contention and have fallen off the maps when it comes to elite, experienced talent on their roster. While that may be the case, they have a lot of fairly strong youth assets on their roster and seem to be building through the draft. Alike the 2016 off season, the Oilers seem to be making moves to strengthen their club, something the Bears wish to do as well. Another similarity is the fact that the Oilers and Bears both are attempting or had attempt to gain positional needed assets via the Rookie Drafts (this years draft, AK47, Podarok, Sven Wolf etc). One thing, in my opinion, that the Bears have done better than the Oilers is claimed a goalie.  @ADwyer87 @701 @Beketov

:tor: Toronto Legion - Florida Panthers  flo25.gif

LuongoSunburn.gif

Sometimes Winsgate gets scored on too, just like LuoLuo.Both eventually will need walkers too. Still one of the best.

Obviously you could compare this team to a lot of teams throughout the NHL, but I think this one isn't too bad. They're an average aged team, with an aging, elite goalie who is on his way out eventually soon. They're a top of the league and have some great talent to go along with it. Alike the Panthers, their roster is a mix of elite, average and extremely mediocre talent and have the potential of falling down the standings significantly once they're bigger, older stars (Jagr, Luo) retire. @Molholt @Cowboy

:cal: Calgary Wranglers - Toronto Maple Leafs  photo.jpg

tumblr_mmrkbgEutK1qm3rcno1_500.gif

Huge similarity between these 2? Their fans and them rarely get excited or have anything to cheer for.

First things first, one of the biggest similarities is that both of the teams last season sucked a lot of shit through a straw. Neither the Leafs, nor the Leafs could get things going and both teams traded away significant pieces of their roster to other competing teams (Phaneuf, Kessel etc). One difference the teams currently have is goaltending as the Leafs fixed that issue, however, we feel as though the Wranglers won't be too far behind with filling that role. This off-season, the Leafs landed the overall pick in the Lotto Draft, drafting a huge prospect as such, and the Wranglers seem to be making their way to that as well. @eaglesfan036 @EaglesMulti

:que: Quebec Meute - Pittsburgh Penguins

giphy.gif

Great team, excellent depth and elite talent. Future cup winners? Likely so.

Some will say, hey Bobby, quit blowin smoke up our assholes but one can't stray away from the fact that the Quebec Meute are largely similar to this seasons NHL Stanley Cup Champs, the Penguins. As much as you hate the cunts, they're an excellent team who know how to put up the W's. With a great goalie leading the way (Clegane/Fleury), along with an excelling center (whoever Draper is and Crosby. Yeah, I just compared you to the league bitch @Draper ). Along with that, the GM pulled off some excellent trades to pull in some real talent (Hamilton - Kessel) so props to both GM's @brovy @sterling

That'll do for today. Next week I may do players? Comment with who YOU think resembles the NHL teams and why. Lets get some discussion goin fuckers. I'm talking to you

3 hours ago, brovy said:

The John Scott that is without a team to play for next season?

The John Scott that was named All-Star MVP this season? The John Scott that overcame the odds? The John Scott who made the NHL All-Star Weekend fun again? The John Scott that the league couldn't hold down? The John Scott that is one of sports greatest stories? I'll take that comparison ;)

Review: Riga isn't on here so I instantly hate it. Don't watch hockey at all so I cant really comment on how spot on I feel these are. Hits the word count and it generates discussion so me likey

• Evans changed the title to Claimed:VHL Team = NHL Team [Reviewed]