Claimed:Sweet Child of Mine [Reviewed]

Smarch

Where do we go now

As the Victory Hockey League embarks on a huge milestone with the leagues upcoming fiftieth season, I wonder to myself how much more of this league I will see come and go. After re-energizing myself with my last player Conner Low, I was excited to start again with a new player, with that Ariel Weinstein was born. I came on strong like many draftees before me, but started to fade out shortly after being drafted by Quebec. I've never been one to care about stats, but being on a rebuilding team is tough, especially when there is only two or so of you posting and talking in the locker-room. Being traded to Stockholm didn't help either, as Boubai was starting to get busy in real life, and of course by all means that takes priority. Stockholm was quiet even though they were a contending team. Now i sit on the New York Americans for another season, and who knows what this team will be doing this season. Before being traded to the Americans i agreed to sign an extension for YEAH to make the trade more appealing for both parties, so I as always with my VHL player will compete my obligations to my current club. This may be the first time since I can back in Season 31 that I feel like I don't know where to go from here in my VHL life.

5QcfefP.jpg

I held the position of VHLM Commissioner for a numbers of seasons during two different stints. I didn't mind the job, and felt I did the job at the decent pace, but the two TPE a week seemed insufficient for the hours put in for the job. From creating player pages, updating the waiver thread, making sure players were added to the sim engine through Higgins, along with others kept the work flowing constantly on a daily basis. Eaglesfan and myself formed a formidable team that cared about the league, and cared about listening to members to try to improve the often dumped on league. I made the tough decision to take a step away from my Commissioner job as I felt I wasn't able to give my best and all the league anymore, hoping new blood might open up new ideas for the VHLM.

OYFbPgG.png

Right after stepping down from my Commissioner I applied for a VHLM general manager position, hoping to land it to continue to help new members in their VHLM and overall VHL experience. I enjoy my job as a general manager, and as with anything I am learning the ropes as i go along. Having never set lines before my first go around didn't end as I wanted, but I'll keep learning from others with experience. Hopefully I can start to enjoy myself again here and become a regular contribute again with point tasks and around the board in general.

@Smarch, your article is really good. I truly hope this league continues to thrive and more and more people who join this league care about it as much as you do. All we can really do is continue to be active and do our part. The rest will fall into place.

2 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Having done both, I don't think it would be out of the question to increase commissioner pay (Blue and Green) to 4 TPE/week for the amount of work done during the off-season.

You don't do either job (especially Blue Team) for the TPE.

For sure on the not doing the job for tpe, but as you know when your getting burnt out and still trying to do everything  it seems like a bit much and it gets to you 

Let's hope you can get back involved again. Getting the most discussion around the boards especially from vets will help the young guys out. Interesting to see right as soon as you stepped down, you were still ready for work. New York had a crazy good season and it was good that you were part of the reason why they were.

• Da Trifecta changed the title to Sweet Child of Mine [Reviewed]