2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

I'm an expansion and Southern market guy, but there are a couple franchises (Florida and Phoenix) I'd rather see relocated before expansion. 

As much as I hate the Yotes, they aren't moving anywhere for at least awhile. Florida just got a new owner, so they're staying put for now as well. But my god is Florida a dead zone for sports teams in general, excluding the Lightning and CFB.

I'd go:

PACNW Team: Portland/Seattle

Quebec

Toronto #2

KC 

Houston (Huge and growing city, would draw people simply on population)

I don't see 2 teams in Texas working, and I don't really want to see a second team in Toronto.

If it were up to me, I'd go Seattle/Portland and QC.

I don't see 2 teams in Texas working, and I don't really want to see a second team in Toronto.

If it were up to me, I'd go Seattle/Portland and QC.

It's the 4th largest city in the US and 3 1/2 hours away from Dallas.. I don't think it will be a huge issue, tbh. But I see where you are coming from, absolutely.

Portland/Seattle are two excellent sports cities. I can guarantee Seattle would provide excellent support. It's a joke the NBA Sonics got relocated (Charlotte pl0x).

If/when it comes to it, I'd be surprised if Paul Allen didn't get his hands on it... Would probably take ownership and prefer Portland if I had to guess.  He already has the Trailblazers there and could just tack onto the lease at the Rose Garden which already has Winterhawks games...  they could just move across the street to the Vet I'd imagine.  Seattle would be a completely different beast.  Plus then I get to watch an NHL team locally  :ph34r:

They have the most popular MLS team. If America can get behind a soccer team in a very middle tier league, they can get behind a team in the premier league in the world.

Having gone to 10+ games this summer, people actually campout overnight to wait in line for seats.

I'd go see Portland games and visit Fresco

:wub:  and get drunk.

Having gone to 10+ games this summer, people actually campout overnight to wait in line for seats.

:wub:  and get drunk.

I have to be careful. But just for you I'd try some local brews with ya

HawksRox

Marcus Kruger may be the best 4th line center I've ever seen. He easily has the talent to be on a top 2 or 3 line. Wins face offs, skates well, handles the puck very well, defends very well, passes well, shoots ok.

I agree, he is pretty good.