2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vlel1VPZ4zA

Yawn. Beyond stupid.

Yeah Bob Hartley put out a line at the start looking for that. Vancouver had to match that.

not Vancouver's fault but the scraps that came during the period they were definitely guilty of

Goon parts aside that was some great actual hockey, great chances and some great goaltending.  By the end of the game these players are going to be so dead.  Plus the Canucks lost a ton of important players to misconducts, this game has just been a hot mess.  Fun to watch none the less

I say a one game suspension because of his antics. No need for that. Also, the Canucks should stop this after whistle crap, it's getting annoying.

PJ Stock is the biggest fucking cunt in the world

As much as he was fuming, he has some great points. Hartley is an asshole (not because of this, but because in the past he has always been a douche), but technically Torts can go put out who he wants too. Thus, instead of your skilled players why not put Richardson, Hansen and Booth out there. If the Flames try to fight, don't drop your gloves (Brandon Nolan style). Then the Flames get major penalties and you start the game with a good power play. If someone is to say "well Torts is right" Hartley shouldn't put out his 4th line. Why not? He is allowed to put out his 4th line. Depending on his motive it's right or wrong. If he put his 4th line out to hit the Sedins, well what's wrong with that?

I'm so pissed that we've come to a time in this league where you aren't allowed to put your 4th line out simply because it doesn't match up with the other teams first line. Get over it gentleman, you have 20 players in the lineup and you can use all 20 the way you want during the confines of a game.

As entertaining as it was it was totally pointless and stupid tbh. I get showing emotion but a line brawl was unnecessary. I'm not complaining tho haha.

But what torts did was stupid and unacceptable. He'll be fined a shit ton and I suspect a suspension of some sort. I think the Canucks will probably talk with him, don't expect any in team punishment. But that's not the way the Nucks go about business. As funny as it was that was so stupid.

Good game though. But I think both coaches had a hand in the shit that went down today.