2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Guest Svoboda_3

To LA

Marian Gaborik

To CLB

Matt Frattin and 2 draft picks

Columbus is to have taken on a substantial amount of Gaborik's contract.

Edited by Svoboda_3

To NY:

Martin St. Louis

To TB:

Ryan Callahan, 1st in '15 and 2nd in '14

I love Marty, but let's be honest a guy at his age is nearing retirement and giving up that much for him is quite bad. He is worth Callahan. He is worth a First. But not at the same time! Glen Sather rely is off his rocker and its another case of a guy needing to give up his job because he tends to go crazy.

• Admin

Yeah I have no idea how many years St.Louis has left but it can't be more than two or three at an elite level. If he even plays as well in New York. Good deal for Tampa.

Happy with the Hemsky trade.

Guest Svoboda_3

St. Louis is kind of a little bitch who pouted when Yzerman didn't originally select him. Then he asks out because of that? I lost some respect for a guy who I used to root for.

St. Louis is kind of a little bitch who pouted when Yzerman didn't originally select him. Then he asks out because of that? I lost some respect for a guy who I used to root for.

From what I remember St. Louis and Yzerman have had a rocky relationship for a while. This may have just been something that put him over the edge.

^^ that is basically the Luongo situation except a year shorter? 

Hardly. Luongo never got FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY from the Olympic team. Luongo also never asked for a trade out cause he knew his contract was a huge burden to discard of.

Tim Thomas just got traded to Dallas for TBA and Nick Schultz is now a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets and to Edmonton is a 5th rounder. 

also Kendrick, Luongo pretty much did, he was told he had a fair chance at winning the starting job as part of Team Canada, he got in one game and shutout Austria while Price let in a goal against Norway, but thats water under the bridge since Canada won. St.Louis meanwhile cried his way onto the team when Giroux took it like a man. It was a soap opera with Yzerman and St.Louis it was just not as much talked about because it happened in Tampa where the media doesnt blow it out of proportion. I also understand though that it as his last chance in the olympics and Giroux is young enough for the 2018 but what if the NHL doesnt go? 

If Vanek is traded to Montreal, I'm fucking going to riot downtown Mtl.

Giving Eller for him only for the rest of this season.. It's the worst idea ever.. And I hate Eller with ALL of my heart.

also Kendrick, Luongo pretty much did, he was told he had a fair chance at winning the starting job as part of Team Canada, he got in one game and shutout Austria while Price let in a goal against Norway, but thats water under the bridge since Canada won. 

How does Luongo playing one game in the Olympics have anything to do with Mike Gillis? Gillis doesn't tell Team Canada who to start and he doesn't have leverage there. I fail to see how this is anything like Tampa concerning the Olympics at all.

How does Luongo playing one game in the Olympics have anything to do with Mike Gillis? Gillis doesn't tell Team Canada who to start and he doesn't have leverage there. I fail to see how this is anything like Tampa concerning the Olympics at all.

you were implying what happened to St.Louis at the olympics. so i said what happened to Luongo, which is relevant.  

Oh my god, the Islanders got absolutely bent over by Montreal. Jesus.

It's a curse to be an Isles fan, every other fan base should really shut up about their problems.