Claimed:Say farewell to Moscow...and to another VHLM team? [Reviewed]

hedgehog337

Should Moscow be folded?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

960x540.jpg

*WHAAAAT? NOT MOSCOW GAH DAMIT!!!!!*

S36. Another VHLM season and another mediocre season for Vasteras IK J20... They managed to made into the post-season, but fell short in EU semi-finals to the Royals in 5 games. People in VHL are sick and tired to see this team failing and failing again since their last Founders Cup in S27. And there it is! Finally the blue team heard them! No more Vasteras, no more weak link in the VHL minors! Now they're going to see how Moscow will make people forget about that Vasteras mistake. Brand new location, brand new page in VHLM, we are so excited!

S51. Another VHLM season and while Moscow took a bye round, their overall performance still remains so-so. Other than @TheLastOlympian07's reign in S45-46, the Red Wolves were pretty mediocre. 0 finals appereances since S37 (besides 45-46): Moscow definitely couldn't get rid of Vasteras' unlucky aura. Thier current GM is inactive, this team is inactive itself (like really, @RomanesEuntDomus is the only active in the team) and their current standing is the only positive thing right now. 

1392852026297.jpg

November 1st, 2016. VHL Commisioner @Higgins posted news about some Russian guy, who said this is the last Moscow's season. And while it's ''only the rumors'', I tend to believe these so called rumors are nothing but truth. Take off the S45 and 46 - and this team achieved nothing during their era since S37. And I believe it's time to do something about that. But this news isn't only about the Red Wolves itself. There is also one more thing to pay attention - there would be NO RELOCATION! That means this team is done for good and VHLM keeps shrinking. So what's going to happen with VHLM in next season?

a) Commishes cuts Moscow to make it 7. Sounds impossible, because why EU confernce should run with only 3 teams?

b) Maybe the rumors about folding is false and Moscow will relocate to other city? It would've been plausible, but we need to recruit more members first.

c) Cutting two more teams to make it 6. I guess this is the right answer. I believe 4-5 competitive teams at once could make VHLM seasons more exciting. 

Let's stop at the third option. So, Moscow has been contracted and now we will have to find another team to cut. Moscow is the EU conference team, hence it's going to be NA team that's going to say goodbye to VHLM. Which team?

Brampton Blades: 28 PO and 14 finals appearances, 8 cups.  A decent franchise with some good moments (two-peat in S13-14) and bad moments (0 finals in the fourth decade). Current champs and I think this team is good enough to stay,

Yukon Rush: 20 seasons in VHLM, 10 PO and 7 finals appearances, 4 cups.  I think it's a good result for an expansion team. Not like Bratislava with 6 cups, but it's still damn nice. However, Yukon's last cup came in S38 and never got another one ever since and that's might be a real reason why Yukon could be out. 

Ottawa Lynx: 27 PO and 12 finals appearances, 9 cups.  The most successful VHLM franchise right now. Their last cup came in S46. Nuff said. 

Saskatoon Wild: 26 PO and 9 finals appearances, 4 cups.  My next words would come as shock to VHL'ers, but actually this is the first candidate to be contracted. OG team with only 4 cups in 50 seasons of VHLM existence and only combination of Vasteras/Moscow is worse...ehh. Note, this conclusion is based only on team performance: as far as I know, there are some Saskatchewans in the VHL, and this might be enough to keep the Wild. 

But maybe it's going to be another EU team that will play it's last season? If so, then this team could be Oslo - despite of their respectable amount of post season and finals appearances (30 and 15), they managed to win only 5 cups, which is not so good, if we are comparing to other VHLM teams. Their last finals was dated back in S44 - another so-so fact for the Storm. 

If another EU team is going to be dropped? It will mean we're going to say farewell to conferences and probably we'll stick to World Cup format: first two teams gets bye, 3rd-6th teams are going to fight for the semi finals. Or: first team gets bye, 2nd-5th teams are fighting for the finals, 6th team is out. 

These are some my thoughts about Moscow and possible VHLM contradiction situation. We'll see what's going to happen, but I believe the upcoming minors off-season is gonna be exciting. 

6 TPE goes to Krīgars.

Edited by hedgehog337

8 minutes ago, KingRobbie said:

Fuck em! VHL really should adapt my juniors idea

What idea is this? At this stage I think were becoming a bit more open to some radical changes if that is what it takes to get the VHLM humming better. Although retraction is obviously the best course of action at this time. 

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Saskatoon will never leave VHLM, Saskatoon is as close to heaven you can get as a player. I have heard nothing but good things about Saskatoon from the people of VHL. 

Then go and save them. By saving them I mean win the cup. 

I probably wouldn't touch Sasky cause of Adwyer, but now it's more tough call. 

8 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Then go and save them. By saving them I mean win the cup. 

I probably wouldn't touch Sasky cause of Adwyer, but now it's more tough call. 

We are planning to, once we win the cup, there will be sunshine for 3 days, so if you cant for some reason follow the finals, the sunshine will tell you what has happened. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

What idea is this? At this stage I think were becoming a bit more open to some radical changes if that is what it takes to get the VHLM humming better. Although retraction is obviously the best course of action at this time. 

Knock the VHLM to 4 teams, and have them being VHL affiliates. Then create the VHLJr or whatever with 4 teams. By doing so you have one league for the new players and all the teams will be competitive. Then once they are drafted into the VHL they can either stick in the VHL or play in the VHLM on their teams affliate team. Obviously VHL teams will have to share teams which will make the VHLM team hella exciting and not boring. No teams would suck and it would be a toss up to see who would win. The only players that can be drafted in the VHLM would be players that are inactive so that way players stay with their VHL teams affiliate. Which kinda sucks  

6 minutes ago, KingRobbie said:

Knock the VHLM to 4 teams, and have them being VHL affiliates. Then create the VHLJr or whatever with 4 teams. By doing so you have one league for the new players and all the teams will be competitive. Then once they are drafted into the VHL they can either stick in the VHL or play in the VHLM on their teams affliate team. Obviously VHL teams will have to share teams which will make the VHLM team hella exciting and not boring. No teams would suck and it would be a toss up to see who would win. The only players that can be drafted in the VHLM would be players that are inactive so that way players stay with their VHL teams affiliate. Which kinda sucks  

It could kill the VHLM, if we'll have a shit ton of >200 TPE players after the VHL draft; like nobody would go back to VHLM if they are good enough for VHL. And ''VHLJr'' success depends on recruitment as well, not only on second players. 

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

It could kill the VHLM, if we'll have a shit ton of >200 TPE players after the VHL draft; like nobody would go back to VHLM if they are good enough for VHL. And ''VHLJr'' success depends on recruitment as well, not only on second players. 

No you keep the max tpe in vhlm at 175. vhl will be great with first and 2nd year players. less teams means more competitive teams plain and simple. new people go inactive because they play on shitty teams in the vhlm. but with this the will be no shitty vhlm teams and no shitty VHLJr teams

2 minutes ago, KingRobbie said:

No you keep the max tpe in vhlm at 175.

I meant when first gen/recreate/user with his second player manages to earn more that 175 TPE while playing in VHLJr to just skip the VHLM after the VHL draft.

But your idea is kinda decent and if the next 1-2 recruitment campaigns would be successful, your idea might even work. 

It's not an awful idea @KingRobbie but there are some holes, the biggest of which being parity and player numbers, but also how that is going to effect statistics in the sim. Your argument that players leave because they suck in the VHLM is valid, but that isn't the only reason for disinterest. Putting TPE into a player who doesn't have a good statistical career for a portion of it aka plain sucking impacts that as well. We are already seeing negative stat results by the way of losing a lot of parity right now in the league. How would that look in both VHLM and VHLJrs when you had 4 full up four line teams? Would 3rd liners suck too much decreasing peoples interest etc? 

Also the math on the numbers doesn't really work. I mean we want the VHLM teams to be affiliates to the VHL ones however the would be four teams in the minors and 10 in VHL. Even if you share, 4 doesn't really divide by 10 in a good number. You could make the argument for adding a team to the minors and then you have 5, so 2 teams each share. But I don't know if people will really like the idea of not only adding affiliates but then gimmicking it up even more by having teams share affiliate programs. I mean it's not super complicated, and I think it provides a real interesting twist for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

It's not an awful idea @KingRobbie but there are some holes, the biggest of which being parity and player numbers, but also how that is going to effect statistics in the sim. Your argument that players leave because they suck in the VHLM is valid, but that isn't the only reason for disinterest. Putting TPE into a player who doesn't have a good statistical career for a portion of it aka plain sucking impacts that as well. We are already seeing negative stat results by the way of losing a lot of parity right now in the league. How would that look in both VHLM and VHLJrs when you had 4 full up four line teams? Would 3rd liners suck too much decreasing peoples interest etc? 

Also the math on the numbers doesn't really work. I mean we want the VHLM teams to be affiliates to the VHL ones however the would be four teams in the minors and 10 in VHL. Even if you share, 4 doesn't really divide by 10 in a good number. You could make the argument for adding a team to the minors and then you have 5, so 2 teams each share. But I don't know if people will really like the idea of not only adding affiliates but then gimmicking it up even more by having teams share affiliate programs. I mean it's not super complicated, and I think it provides a real interesting twist for sure. 

I gave a small run down of the idea I have more details and what not. if you guys are interested in the idea or something like it PM me for more details and what not. hell I'd even help set it up.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Is it possible to have it be 5 teams and 2 share the minors teams and then change it from divisions into based off standings/points like how the SBA does it? I know you might not have been there but it's working out pretty well for them. I mean instead of like one conference being stacked while the other features like 2-3 rebuilding teams.

6 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

I mean instead of like one conference being stacked while the other features like 2-3 rebuilding teams.

:yeahthat:

The most recent thing with Sasky seing no contenders until the finals makes that point more valid. 

I mean it isn't crazy to do @Da Trifecta

You put 4 teams in the VHLM Jr and have that be the place where anyone who isn't drafted to a VHLM team goes as Robbie mentions. All four teams in the Jr make the playoffs it's all competitive. Then in the VHLM you have 5 teams, all standings based and only one team doesn't make the playoffs. Then for playoffs you have 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 giving an incentive advantage to the top standings based team.

Could even combine it with members being allowed to choose to stay in the minors for X amount of seasons. Maybe the first couple, I know someone in the past brought up frustrations over having to use up their 8 VHL seasons to stay in the VHLM a season extra, and they would do it more often if not for that. I think in this type of system you can allow for that a bit more, or at least allow for that type of interaction on whether a player stays down or up becomes a conversation between the GM and his players. With two teams feeding prospects into the VHLM + VHLM drafts you should see that league be able to sustain 4 competitive teams and one not competitive. Works a bit easier lottery wise too, since you can just reward the one team who doesn't make the playoffs with first overall. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

I mean it isn't crazy to do @Da Trifecta

You put 4 teams in the VHLM Jr and have that be the place where anyone who isn't drafted to a VHLM team goes as Robbie mentions. All four teams in the Jr make the playoffs it's all competitive. Then in the VHLM you have 5 teams, all standings based and only one team doesn't make the playoffs. Then for playoffs you have 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 giving an incentive advantage to the top standings based team.

Could even combine it with members being allowed to choose to stay in the minors for X amount of seasons. Maybe the first couple, I know someone in the past brought up frustrations over having to use up their 8 VHL seasons to stay in the VHLM a season extra, and they would do it more often if not for that. I think in this type of system you can allow for that a bit more, or at least allow for that type of interaction on whether a player stays down or up becomes a conversation between the GM and his players. With two teams feeding prospects into the VHLM + VHLM drafts you should see that league be able to sustain 4 competitive teams and one not competitive. Works a bit easier lottery wise too, since you can just reward the one team who doesn't make the playoffs with first overall. 

I think it's the only logical option. This way you have 3 very competitive leagues. You have the juniors for the new players and new project player 2 players. Every team makes the playoffs. Maybe give TPE award to the team that wins the cup. As a Incentive for all teams to aim for the cup. Then in the VHLM have a 5 team league. VHL teams can pick which other VHL team to pair up with for a VHLM team. Put a cap on how long a VHL team can have a VHLM team. Make it like every 3 seasons or whatever teams can change. That way you don't have VHL teams teaming up with other ones to load VHLM teams. As I said I have many more ideas for this idea that I can fill a huge post with. I am willing to help set this up/ co-run the VHLJr. 

Also just so the VHLjr doesn't solely depend on new players. It should have a TPE I suggest of 100TPE so once players are drafted VHL teams can send that player to the VHLM or the VHLJr if they are below 100. Because a 100TPE or less player will not get much playing time in the VHLM and will suck but if they are sent back to the Jr they can dominate.

Edited by KingRobbie

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to Claimed:Say farewell to Moscow...and to another VHLM team? [Reviewed]