St Petersburg calls the VHL [Reviewed]

Gooningitup

4 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Ah, I see. As someone who is not familiar with the hockey world at all outside of the NHL, I'm unaware and now I guess it makes sense why we put a team there in the first place. Only reason I know places like Bern and Riga is because I know world capitals.

Yeah I know capitals and used to live in Europe so there's knowledge there. Outside of yourself, I and various others here there isn't much knowledge into Bern. I don't think @eaglesfan036 would know where Bern is if it wasn't for him looking it up on google. That's not a shot against him either, it's just we can't expect everyone to know everywhere. 

What we can do though, is allow more recognizable places be our foundation and that in itself can help recruit new blood to our league. On twitter if I was to hashtag the a certain city, I guarantee more interest would come from somewhere like Minnesota/Madison than Bern.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Davos has Spengler Cup too. I believe it's not a very popular tournament, but still. 

Yes thats the other one I forgot. It actually is very popular in Canada as I've found out.

25 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah I know capitals and used to live in Europe so there's knowledge there. Outside of yourself, I and various others here there isn't much knowledge into Bern. I don't think @eaglesfan036 would know where Bern is if it wasn't for him looking it up on google. That's not a shot against him either, it's just we can't expect everyone to know everywhere. 

What we can do though, is allow more recognizable places be our foundation and that in itself can help recruit new blood to our league. On twitter if I was to hashtag the a certain city, I guarantee more interest would come from somewhere like Minnesota/Madison than Bern.

yeah i have no idea where bern is lol

Also it would seem to make more sense to do more major cities 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

yeah i have no idea where bern is lol

Also it would seem to make more sense to do more major cities 

what are major European cities in the eyes of Trump voters Americans?

I assume Prague would be a good one.

12 minutes ago, Victor said:

Prague is pretty popular among the yuppies here.  Rome, Amsterdam, London, all the touristy places.

12 minutes ago, Victor said:

prague is not one i would have thought of. When I think big European cities I think:

London

Paris

Amsterdam

Moscow

• Admin
1 minute ago, eaglesfan036 said:

prague is not one i would have thought of. When I think big European cities I think:

London

Paris

Amsterdam

Moscow

I mean, if you also delve into being somewhat relevant to hockey (i.e. probably only Moscow out of those four)

1 minute ago, Victor said:

I mean, if you also delve into being somewhat relevant to hockey (i.e. probably only Moscow out of those four)

true those are cities from the important countries idk all those random small little eastern European countries cause trump is gonna let russia take them over anyway :P

Review:

Nice article, @Gooningitup! Didn't have many issues as far as grammar goes. Content was A+. I guess I didn't realize we're actually shrinking the VHLM, or maybe we aren't, I don't know, I've been out of the loop for a while. Keep it up, man!