ADwyer's return creates interesting dilemma

scoop

I don't know why there is this assumption that we'll be cutting any VHLM teams this season. Maybe we will be, maybe we won't be. Maybe there are bigger changes in store. But ADwyer returning may have hurt the chances of the Yukon Rush staying in the VHLM if we do cut a team from each conference, as Saskatoon isn't the easy out that it would be without a GM.

Although I wouldn't agreed previously that Yukon would make the most sense to get rid of, ADwyer did go inactive and abandon his post. Actually though I don't think he was gone very long. I could go find out, but whatever, I don't care enough about that.

Here's a different topic: the S53 crop of 'second players' includes four VHLM GMs. The first class was noted for having several VHL GMs get selected to make a second player: Molholt, Greg, Toast, and Daniel (who is no longer a GM). For the next group, it's the VHLM GMs turn. Four of us were lucky enough to get a second player: myself, ADwyer, hedgehog, and Jardy,

oh my what a marvelous tune

for Maxwell I suppose

Edited by Streetlight

5 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

DT retired his 2nd player already

Yeah, I made a few goofs here. Trifecta had a second player in S52, not S53; Rubber Band was just a new player he created. Same with Edwin Threeencarnaion for YEAH! who I had mistakenly included in the list of GMs who were receiving a second player. And then also the exclusion of hedgehog. I blame Jardy.

Muahahahaha! I have come back to ruin your plans! I was gone about 3 weeks I think btw

yeah there's a confusing dilemma. Obviously Moscow would be the first to go, after that idk. I would say keep Saskatoon because we have a lot of members carrying over to next year, but since I left for a bit idk anymore. I think if we win the cup Sasky will stay, and if we lose idk, that muddies the water even further considering the team we would want to drop, Moscow, would be the reigning champs. Team-wise, Ottawa would probably make the most sense as the other team to drop, but obviously Jardy should retain his seat as VHLM GM as the longest standing GM currently, so idk, it's all very confusing.

2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Muahahahaha! I have come back to ruin your plans! I was gone about 3 weeks I think btw

yeah there's a confusing dilemma. Obviously Moscow would be the first to go, after that idk. I would say keep Saskatoon because we have a lot of members carrying over to next year, but since I left for a bit idk anymore. I think if we win the cup Sasky will stay, and if we lose idk, that muddies the water even further considering the team we would want to drop, Moscow, would be the reigning champs. Team-wise, Ottawa would probably make the most sense as the other team to drop, but obviously Jardy should retain his seat as VHLM GM as the longest standing GM currently, so idk, it's all very confusing.

Ottawa is the most successful franchise. Not an option. 

...before commishes gonna cut one more EU team and get rid of conferences. 

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Ottawa is the most successful franchise. Not an option. 

...before commishes gonna cut one more EU team and get rid of conferences. 

Who would they cut in the EU though? Unless you're stepping down

7 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

to be fair, I am from S45-47, S50-51 :P so that's makes me what 2nd longest or something

but what I think should happen is just cut Moscow then have one conference with 7 teams for a few seasons until one GM steps down/goes inactive

Edited by TheLastOlympian07

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

to be fair, I am from S45-47, S50-51 :P

but what I think should happen is just cut Moscow then have one conference with 7 teams for a few seasons until one GM steps down/goes inactive

That don't count! Lol

idk if that would happen, 7 is just odd(literally and figuratively!) seems like you can make a case for pretty much every team, besides maybe Bratislava. I of course would be upset if my team was cut, as I love Sasky and put a lot of effort into building the team, BUT because of me going inactive I would understand :( 

2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

That don't count! Lol

idk if that would happen, 7 is just odd(literally and figuratively!) seems like you can make a case for pretty much every team, besides maybe Bratislava. I of course would be upset if my team was cut, as I love Sasky and put a lot of effort into building the team, BUT because of me going inactive I would understand :( 

well if you are back for good I don't think you should get cut. because as we all know you're a good member and are very dedicated to the VHLM more than any GM I've seen. Hedgy is a close 2nd imo too. I said we cut @JardyB10 loose because fuck that drunk amirite :ph34r:

but I like the 7 teams tbh. we have 7 good gms. who cares if its a odd number. YOLO.

Am I seriously the longest tenured GM already? I only started in S46. Which I just realized is already quite a while ago. My how time flies...

Anyway, I wouldn't mind being cut. And if Ottawa is too bitchin' of a franchise to cut, we could always just do the Jets -> Arizona, Atlanta -> Jets thing. i.e. Just remove my team, but relocate one of the other cities to Ottawa.

But I don't even know how much in favour I am of contracting the VHLM at all, so yeah. 7 teams would be okay/interesting. We'd either have to adjust how many games are played in a season or certain teams would have to play other teams different amounts. And you wouldn't TECHNICALLY have to abolish conferences altogether, just re-institute crossover, and reduce the teams making playoffs to 4. Which probably should be done anyway.

6 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Am I seriously the longest tenured GM already? I only started in S46. Which I just realized is already quite a while ago. My how time flies...

Anyway, I wouldn't mind being cut. And if Ottawa is too bitchin' of a franchise to cut, we could always just do the Jets -> Arizona, Atlanta -> Jets thing. i.e. Just remove my team, but relocate one of the other cities to Ottawa.

But I don't even know how much in favour I am of contracting the VHLM at all, so yeah. 7 teams would be okay/interesting. We'd either have to adjust how many games are played in a season or certain teams would have to play other teams different amounts. And you wouldn't TECHNICALLY have to abolish conferences altogether, just re-institute crossover, and reduce the teams making playoffs to 4. Which probably should be done anyway.

2 vs 7 3 vs 6 4 vs 5. 1st gets a by. Highest seed always plays lowest seed.

One thing to remember is that you can't just cut the teams for the following season, there has to be an adjustment period. For example, if you cut Moscow, anyone who owns their future picks gets boned, so you have to wait until all the drafts that currently have picks eligible for trades have gone.

4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

We'd either have to adjust how many games are played in a season or certain teams would have to play other teams different amounts.

That already is the case. Each team has 11 games against two teams and 10 games against the rest.

Actually, with seven teams it would be 12 games against each other team equals 72 games. Season length would stay the same AND it would equalize the schedules.

Edited by Streetlight

4 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

2 vs 7 3 vs 6 4 vs 5. 1st gets a by. Highest seed always plays lowest seed.

Why would all teams make the playoffs? I don't really like that idea. I think we just need to put four teams in there, which I agree with Jardy when I say we should already be doing.

Edited by Streetlight

1 hour ago, Streetlight said:

Why would all teams make the playoffs? I don't really like that idea. I think we just need to put four teams in there, which I agree with Jardy when I say we should already be doing.

well it would be interesting maybe. have less teams trying to tank maybe? idk i just think itd be different and bring a new flavor to the VHLM

9 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

well it would be interesting maybe. have less teams trying to tank maybe? idk i just think itd be different and bring a new flavor to the VHLM

Five teams in the playoffs with 4/5 playing an extra series to determine who plays against 1, similar to the MLB wildcard game.