Claimed:Free agent talk.

hedgehog337

Ok, seriously? How it comes I can't submit my article and edit it?!

2i1386w.png

aye, fix this fucking shit

This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

fuck outta here.

There's an article, sorry for no pictures, but it appears I can't do shit with them. 

The S51 has ended with a very sweet victory for the Reign. They made it after 0-12 playoff game streak and more loses in the post-season and @Toast should be the most happiest man in the world. That also means we're heading to the off-season where we all will witness FA and trade dramas. Let's talk more about the FA's. There are lot of guys who signed with their respective team for only one season and I heard nobody is going to stay. I believe most of them are going to change their teams, that's why I made this article. I'm going to name 4 teams who will likely fight for the FA's. Note: this is not deep analysis and I didn't include possible trades, it's all about FA's.

931vu03.png

I heard @Gooningitup will make a try. I guess even he doesn't believes in a positive outcome: they have decent Komarov and rising goalie Skye, but that's not enough to attract free agents. Well, maybe next time. 

IhclZ49.png

This is more interesting thing. @Frank traded Rodriguez and Lincoln to get three more younger players. Looks fine as one of these youngins is a goalie. Dadonov is not a world class goalie, but he's certainly better than...uhmm...Zhumbayev, who probably was the reason why Cologne lost to Toronto in S49 finals. If Artem could make into the finals, then why Dadonov can't ? The problem is QUE has only 5 players on roster and they will need to bring at least 3-4 good players to make a noise. A fine option for the FA's, but not the best. 

Yp5RCrq.png

It's a more close call. @Mr. Power once again says fuck to draft picks and gave them to Stockholm in exchange for bunch of solid young players. Unfortunately, Kissanen said this season is his last, but NY will have Shankly instead. Looks better than QUE, but there's also a big problem: they have no goalie. M.T. Power isn't ready and I doubt Sandro will leave Riga. I know @Victor might join the Americans, which is a great equalizer, but at this moment NY has a big hole on their back. Still a better option than Quebec. 

qA3LVOO.png

I'm going biased in this one, but I think Seattle is the best option for the free agents right now. Like, we have a Holik who is going to be a real deal in the net; the future superstars Rodriguez and Podarok and depth young players Wolf, Petenis, Hohenzollern and AK-47. @Banackock managed to make a history with Bratislava and he definitely wants to make a big splash in this off-season. It just takes 2-3 FA's and the Bears are going for the cup for sure.  

Will all free agents leave their teams? No. I'm sure some of Riga players will stay there and maybe even potential FA's from Calgary are going to give this team a second chance. 

Is there a sleeper pick for the free agents? No. Helsinki and Stockholm didn't finish their rebuild, Cologne Torotno will likely implode (I guess Molholt would've make another shot at the title, but TOR lost their chances a four-peat, so they are done). 

Edited by hedgehog337

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Disadvantage is that Seattle burnt bridges with FA's.

Best time to give a team a second chance if you ask me. No one should let past mistakes impact their current decisions. Things happened and it's unfortunate but the Bears are a strong team that just needs that little push to get over the hump. 

Having been at at the helm of Cologne for so long I'm sure you can respect that struggle.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Best time to give a team a second chance if you ask me. No one should let past mistakes impact their current decisions. Things happened and it's unfortunate but the Bears are a strong team that just needs that little push to get over the hump. 

Having been at at the helm of Cologne for so long I'm sure you can respect that struggle.

Additionally, we made a run for it in S49. Unfortunately, we were in a tough conference with numerous of competing teams. To say the least, it was a rare occurence how competitive the conference was. So, rather than not make playoffs and have my players sit on the sidelines, I allowed them to compete for the cup or go to an organization where they were able to attempt to do so. 

So I see no harm in that. They could either sit on my team and miss the playoffs, or be dealt and attempt to make a cup run!

We have some excellent pieces in Seattle. Holik is a great goalie who only continues to grow and get stronger. Our defensive core is good and our forward core has some nice pieces. Along with that, we have a few assets and pieces we'd be willing to move in order to acquire what we need. Plus, the guys we have are all long-term signed and are committed fully to the process we're going through.

If, by chance, you're referring to the "butt hurt" comment as burning bridges, that's pretty silly. A CGY GM and players are attacking a post we made about attracting FA's last season while they couldn't even win with the Free Agents. So I didn't see the point in it quite frankly. 

Seattle is an excellent organization. I feel I don't do a horrible job and I'm fairly confident my guys would stand behind me. The LR is great and the  members we have in it are the reason for that. With Toronto folding the cards, that's a big team out of Seattle's way. So we just have to wait and see how everything plays out but Seattle is very interested in a majority of players entering Free Agency. You're on an opposing team right now. When you're a Bear, you're apart of our LR, organization and little family.

:sea:

46 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Apparently I don't know something woodson.png

We had a bout where we signed a bunch of free agents and were set to be a solid playoff team. Then we turned out to be the 4th best team in the league.

.....unfortunately the other top three were in our conference....

so then we traded them away. I think some other stuff happened with the previous GM but that I neither here nor there

1 minute ago, ADwyer87 said:

We had a bout where we signed a bunch of free agents and were set to be a solid playoff team. Then we turned out to be the 4th best team in the league.

.....unfortunately the other top three were in our conference....

so then we traded them away. I think some other stuff happened with the previous GM but that I neither here nor there

Aaah, that S49, the happy ending for Zeptenbergs. 

I don't know all things about the previous SEA GM, but I certainly know @sterling had some issues with Mike (previous Bears GM), like he wasn't really active and stuff. He even made a mag article about that,

2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Aaah, that S49, the happy ending for Zeptenbergs. 

I don't know all things about the previous SEA GM, but I certainly know @sterling had some issues with Mike (previous Bears GM), like he wasn't really active and stuff. He even made a mag article about that,

I'm active. :wub:

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

I meant through game threads in the past week. You don't shittalk FA's and expect them to throw you a bone.

18 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I meant through game threads in the past week. You don't shittalk FA's and expect them to throw you a bone.

I haven't shit talked. :P 

I've barely been in the game threads, lol. Just one post!

25 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I haven't shit talked. :P 

I've barely been in the game threads, lol. Just one post!

Difference between your example and mine, is that those players aren't vying for their own services on a team.

• 2 weeks later...