Blades of Steel: Episode 32 (Rival Network)

Kendrick

BOS2_0.png

Episode 32!

Note: 42 Minutes

Start Song: Within My Reach - Sights & Sounds

End Song: Chattachoochie - Alan Jackson

Thanks to @Phil @Beketov @tfong @JardyB10 @President Donald Trump @eaglesfan036 @gorlab @TheLastOlympian07 

and everyone else I may have forgot. Please listen as a special message is in there for you!

Edited by Kendrick

Didn't even mention my podcast. :'(

And you can indeed be in two locker rooms with two players. In fact I feel like that was part of the reason it was implemented!

And I'd say Victor deserves Playoff MVP. I'd argue he was the main reason Toronto trounced Calgary in the first place, and we single-handedly won at least two of the games in the finals.

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

Didn't even mention my podcast. :'(

And you can indeed be in two locker rooms with two players. In fact I feel like that was part of the reason it was implemented!

And I'd say Victor deserves Playoff MVP. I'd argue he was the main reason Toronto trounced Calgary in the first place, and we single-handedly won at least two of the games in the finals.

Remember when I said that I messed up the recording, I had mentioned your Podcast as the TractorCast and then re-recorded and must have forgot. I promise you it was mentioned before!

I just think the numbers are so close!

I feel your pain brotha. I haven't gotten a 2nd player either. it makes me sad. I better win one this season. when I do i too am making a goalie :lol: also good job he did make the top one. 

also fuck you. the pajodcast is my VHLM team. they have taken over, its their team now @Mr. Power @Jericho @Advantage

Edited by TheLastOlympian07

2 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

I feel your pain brotha. I haven't gotten a 2nd player either. it makes me sad. I better win one this season. when I do i too am making a goalie :lol: also good job he did make the top one. 

also fuck you. the pajodcast is my VHLM team. they have taken over, its their team now @Mr. Power @Jericho @Advantage

Also can I pick your avatar?

dITfJcR.gif.11ae8f84941520ef326bf3b512ac

I listened. :P 

Some thoughts: I agree with you in regards to team make up stuff, although we knew most of that when you were with us in Cologne and we won. I think the interesting thing is, as you mention, that when your more involved in team decisions you tend to have more success. I think it's just a reality that you can't accept that you pretty much should be a GM in this league. I realize there was issues with acquiring FA and other things your last tenure, but you were on Cologne. Project Two, everything going on right now, you should take the next opportunity that arises imo. 

Has there been actual rough feedback to Project Two btw? You oft mentioned, and got frustrated at, people not being open or interested to it. While I tend to agree with you, more players in the league, especially more actives is better for parity, I was just curious if there was some actual backlash to it that I missed. I kinda felt that most people were on board with it, but what do I know tbh. 

I actually was perfectly content with you guys returning to Calgary and not going to FA. Despite the fact that you only signed one season last FA, my initial issue with Calgary signing the extensions is the damage it would do to them if they lost. I feared if they lost, and you guys all bailed it could of hurt their reputation. The results now are the opposites, even more, since you guys had the opportunity to go deeper and test again and instead decided to try and help Eagles, Smarch and Solas and that group a chance at getting into the win column again. But I also think that you guys had to expect some levels of contempt heading into the season and playoffs. Our argument in that thread aside, since that ended up being nothing more than a misunderstanding on my part even in regards to Bana I felt that the majority of the "heckling" towards Calgary was rather tame. I know for me personally, I kinda felt it would of been pointless to give the I told you so comments. Not even as a "I don't want to hate on the FA's" more as a felt pointless to be stating the obvious. Everyone knew they were the favorite, and what the narrative would look like should they lose. As you stated, they lost, it's over, the narrative was what it was, and now it's onto the next season.

Regarding drafts: I really do hope we see more and more of this. The first round as you said was crazy, Advantage managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat in regards to getting Domi so late with so much TPE. Although nobody really thought Molholt was planning on being active. And yes, both Higgins and I had to forfeit picks for our respective upcoming GM players. Otherwise I'd of probably taken Molholt tbqh, even if I hadn't known he updated. :P I feel like 53 also looks decently strong, provided the names keep showing up for the lottery (and I feel they will, at least 10 members interested in another player, the numbers have been higher than that for lottery every season out.) What I do question though is how are things going to go once the lottery system is abolished and we just allow members within three seasons to create, as you mentioned in one of our other conversations. Making it a lottery with a select 10 players I think puts a better spotlight on it, and to be perfectly honest I almost wonder if that is how we should add Project Two players for the rest of time. Maybe add in some lotto percentages or rules for people who due to random dumb luck haven't had a Project Two player at all, but it would give us a controlled flow of 10 new players to every draft forever, and it'd still be a big enough event and there is enough actives and then retirements that I feel like you'd see 10+ members apply to be in it every season anyways. 

Lastly, loving all the "positive" shoutouts to the Pajodcast way. Don't worry, we'll respond on air like the gentleman we are! :cheers: 

@Draper @Higginspuffs

this raises a question out of me regarding the project player 2. the players have to be three seasons apart? really well sucks for fucking me im in Year 7 and so now i dont get a 2nd player or whats the deal with that. when it was first announced would have been perfect for me I was in Year 4. would have been right down the middle but noooooo lets give inactive players 2nd player and we already had a few of the first wave retire. :P

4 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

@Draper @Higginspuffs

this raises a question out of me regarding the project player 2. the players have to be three seasons apart? really well sucks for fucking me im in Year 7 and so now i dont get a 2nd player or whats the deal with that. when it was first announced would have been perfect for me I was in Year 4. would have been right down the middle but noooooo lets give inactive players 2nd player and we already had a few of the first wave retire. :P

You can get one, but you'll just have to wait the 3 seasons til you make ANOTHER new one. Same boat that Draper is in with his 2nd player so who cares.