A few things

FacePuncher

20 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

If that's what you guys want for next year then we can look into it, but then we might as well do the old format in that case

I like this format in regards to drafting, much like the SHL. Old format sucked because it was a league wide pick-em basically.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

I like this format in regards to drafting, much like the SHL. Old format sucked because it was a league wide pick-em basically.

But the whole point of this format is so you don't just pick and sit. If everyone just wants to pick and sit, then the old format is better, and then you don't have to wait on any inactives.

17 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

But the whole point of this format is so you don't just pick and sit. If everyone just wants to pick and sit, then the old format is better, and then you don't have to wait on any inactives.

If you make people send you a list in advance, you don't have to wait on inactives. Part of the issue with the salary thing is you can't really "compete" with others because you could end up with similar teams. It's fun to be in a draft, compete, and then see who did better come end of the season. 

Hmm, also just a random idea here what if to give some value/meaning to the winners of each group without making it unfair, you use the seeding of the groups to determine groups for future seasons?

So for example, let's say we have 6 groups this season, you'd have the winners from every group be put into a group next season, a Winners Group if you will. You could then have that Winners Group be eligible for more TPE, but don't continue to increase it. Just restructure it so that the winners group is worth more, but the only person who actually gets to stick around from the winners group is the winner.

2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

I'll have to make a suggestion thread for all this stuff next year

But I thought you opened this saying none of us were interested in VHLFantasy? :P 

I'm kidding of course, it's just important not to overreact in these situations. That is the thing with these site drafts, coordinating to get people online for a live draft for VHL/VHLM takes days of planning, and even then we don't always get 10 single people together at the same time. You can't take draft timing issues as a lack of interest, I think it's just mostly about evaluating some of the rules to correspond with not just how many people are interested but realistically how much they are willing to do. 

Edited by Mr. Power

6 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Eh. You were complaining about how long it took, I assumed you had issue with interest level because of that statement, so if that isn't the case then my joke was pointless. :P 

Yeah that wasn't my intention haha. I was just surprised it was taking so long. I guess I shouldn't have been, but I did because of a combo of Group A going so fast and me thinking less people on the site had actual lives :P 

but yeah as long as people are making their picks ill assume theyre interested wether they're quick or not

Edited by ADwyer87

way to go guys, you guys didn't step up when you were asked who wanted to fun VHL Fantasy then when someone did his own ideas you guys proceeded to tell him how to run when you could have done it your way all along. sorry it didn't work out @ADwyer87. I thought it looked fun and its not fair people didn't read the rules.

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

way to go guys, you guys didn't step up when you were asked who wanted to fun VHL Fantasy then when someone did his own ideas you guys proceeded to tell him how to run when you could have done it your way all along. sorry it didn't work out @ADwyer87. I thought it looked fun and its not fair people didn't read the rules.

It's not their fault, they're just giving suggestions man.

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

so we are stuck with our teams we picked and instead of having those guys DT dropped we don't get a choice in them anymore?

Sadly, no. Everything that has been processed will stay processed, but nothing else can be processed. It sucks, but I can't have you just grabbing his top players because you happened to be on at the time :P which isn't your fault, I don't blame you, I would grab them up too. But that just wouldn't be fair to the other guys in the group, handing you the W like that. I don't want to be super selective and cause any more shit than I have, and this has exposed a collusion possibility, so I have to put it in the ground

You could have avoided all of this if the VHFL had been done how it was when it was first created. No drafting stuff. You didn't even get to finish more than 1 group's draft. Just should have went back to players submitting teams and left it alone. If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

6 minutes ago, President Donald Trump said:

Child please. No one had a bitchfit. Just sick and tired of this stupid VHFL shit and people whining about it. Then getting screwed over twice.

as the great DDJ Khaled would say congratulations you played yourself

no one screwed you over but yourself. you drafted 4 forwards instead of 3. you didn't read the rules and just tried to add ravenwing 

1 minute ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

as the great DDJ Khaled would say congratulations you played yourself

no one screwed you over but yourself. you drafted 4 forwards instead of 3. you didn't read the rules and just tried to add ravenwing 

Who? And I didn't screw myself, it was 1 person who waited too long to say something and shouldn't have been running 30 different things at one time.