Claimed:The S42 draft class.

hedgehog337

ve3tcm.png

*The start of S42 draft discussion thread. The starter, Klajums went inactive soon and he was drafted only 18th by the Americans. Well, at least he was decent in Yukon*

I did a S50 draft recap already and now I'm going to do another draft recap. This time this is going to be S42's draft, because once again I was there. You shouldn't be surprised about that. 

1. urbEXsu.jpg

Bismarck Koenig ( @boom )

He was a helluva ass kicker, isn't it? I'm still wondering how he didn't get a RoTY in S43, where he amassed 100 points in 72 games, but there were no doubts he was a certified stud. The only bitter thing was he played only 5 VHL seasons before he called it quits. Sad life, because he wasn't been able to win a Continental Cup and his last season was his peak with 120 point production. Imagine if he had stayed for at least one more season...

2. urbEXsu.jpg

Callum Sinclair ( @solas )

Solas is a creator of ''second pick'' players: Willem Jansen, Callum Sinclair, Theo Axelsson and maybe Lukas Muller. Can't wait for a day when his player is going to be picked first. As for his goalie: Davos was seeking for a future franchise goalie to successfuly finish their rebuild plan and Coach did it right. Although Callum never won a Continental Cup, he definitely didn't let Davos down. His peak seasons were S46-47; I still remember how he screwed Riga up in S46 playoffs with his outstanding performance. 

3. KBOtScB.jpg

Wolfgang Strauss ( @Wasty )

The most successful S42 draftee with three Cups on his trophy shelf. He always was being solid and consistent player on every team he played. Definitely not a wasted pick. His best season was in S48 when he posted 86 points in 72 games with addition of decent physical peresence (179 hits).

4. MqPKPcL.jpg

Patrick Demko ( @rum_ham )

I think we have a first bust here. He was supposed to be a first pair defender, but instead he became a...decent depth def? Still, @Draper probably was expecting more from Indiana's own. He was good in S45 with his 74 point performance, but then he just faded down quickly. 

5. Dbih2bI.png

Joseph Roy III ( @Mr. Hickey )

He went inactive with Hickey number Five, and he went inactive with JR III back then. Sure, he had bright moments, like being just 3 point short of 100 point mark in S46 and 80 point play in season before, but he could've been better if not Hickey's inconsistensy. 

6. Dbih2bI.png

Prince Gigga-Bijou ( @Gigga-Bijou )

How in the blue hell Gigga collected 511 TPE with only 75 posts on the boards? Anyway, he was a solid first/second pair defenceman, but just like the majority of S42 draftees he couldn't get a main goal - the Continental Cup. S47 was his best: he was a decent scorer (57 points), decent hitter (155 hits) and he had whopping +70 ratio and his team made into the finals for the first time since Vasteras times. A solid pick IMO. 

7. MqPKPcL.jpg

George Patton ( @Ramicus )

My former Ottawa teammate was drafted 7th by Draper, but he never managed to live up to Helsinki's expetations. His hitting play was on point - 241 hits and S43 and 299 hits in S44, but after that he slipped away real quick. 

8. Dbih2bI.png

Blake Campbell ( @Banackock )

It was Stockholm's draft to take, that's for sure. With the eight pick, @boubabi decided to take the best goalie available and he didn't miss on that. Blake never was a hell of a worker, but it didn't stop him to post a wonderful S47 when he grabbed the Aidan Show trophy and Continental Cup. The only sad for Boubabi thing is he did it in NY. This pick could be classified as a mini-steal IMO. 

9. Dbih2bI.png

Vogon Jeltz ( @jack )

This pick was way worse than the previous one. He managed to increase his production in last season (56 points) when he even returned to the practise facility, but he was just only a depth player anyway. 

10. Dbih2bI.png

Sam Teibert ( @Schneiderman )

I was talking trash about Jeltz, huh? Well, Sam was even worse. He accumulated 0 practise hours after he was drafted by the Vikings and this is a wasted pick. But he made it into the VHL too, he even managed to stay three seasons straight. 

11. Dbih2bI.png

Jax Barnstormer ( @Jericho )

I don't know if Boubabi didn't believe in Campbell, but Jax failed to become a relevant Blake's opponent for the starting position. His last appearance took place in S43 in the rebuilding Americans team. And then: aaaand it's gone. 

12. KBOtScB.jpg

A.C. Savage ( @Molholt )

Molholt made a statement that Savage will retire after S43. So his low pick wasn't really a surprise after. But at least he finished his short career with a Cup and he can't complain much about it. After all, he made a Max Molholt and then made a three-peat. The happy ending right here. 

13. Dbih2bI.png

Severin von Karma ( @Velevra )

One of the biggest steals in S40's IMO. Velevra never was a vocal member, but don't forget who's doing VHL rosters, ok? Just because of his quiet nature, he was drfated only 13th and Stockholm's management never regretted their choice. A loyal member for the Vikings and very consistent scorer; his rise started from S46, when he posted 96 points with 59.1 FO %. His best season was 47th with 101 point performance, which is not surprising - like I mentioned earlier, this team managed to advance into the finals. 

14. OKxTtzU.jpg

Benjamin Zeptenbergs (me)

The last relevant pick in this draft. I said one-hundred-million times already about how I started and my future VHL journey. I'll just say my draft pick would've been even lower, if I didn't post this ridiculous article when I said I have only one team where I can make it into the roster. I really thought 3 wingers are too much, so I told @eaglesfan036 (Calgary) to not draft me. WHAT THE FUCK SHAKING MY HEAD right now. I probably would be drafted around 15th-17th picks, but that draft's outcome turned out pretty awesome for me. 

That's it for today and I'm out. 

6 TPE goes to Petenis. 

Personal note: first VHL Draft I ever saw happen (I think). Great class, though I was still confused why every team was lacking players :))

Also 5 Vikings 1st round picks in one draft and (checks VHL Records) 0 cups? Sad trombone sound

Approved