I don't want to be too obnoxious about this, since I think it was my obnoxiousness about it earlier in my VHL career that may have kept me out for this long (I mean there were years when no builders were picked, so it's not like I was being passed over for more deserving candidates, although there definitely have been plenty of deserving candidates who have gotten in). Back in the day I would talk to whoever would listen about how I thought I needed a HOF Builder spot and how I did this and that and everything and should be in - while I still think everything I said was true, the notion of holding off until the member is less active so as to get a fuller notion of their contribution was brought up to me a few times and ultimately it proved true as I've greatly declined in activity in the recent months/year. I remember a conversation I had with @Phil once about how he and I both needed to get in as well as @Beketov. Since that conversation, all three have been inducted, some just hours ago *cough* me *cough*. I'm now going to join the bandwagon for @Higgins to get there, as well as perhaps a more surprising choice in @boubabi, who I feel has changed the VHL Graphical community for the better even though that's not really an aspect of the site I'm as familiar with or interested in.

Still, while my players have typically underperformed their TPE counts (except maaaaybe Marcellin) pretty much ruling out an entry as a player, I'd say two massive GM stints, one in each league (sometimes more successful than other times), as well as VHLM Commishing, mag mainstay for years, and the King of All S23 (VHL cup as player, VHLM cup as GM, and the winner of the now-defunct Fyodorov Challenge)...

home_at_last_rustic_wood_decorative_pill

5 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I don't want to be too obnoxious about this, since I think it was my obnoxiousness about it earlier in my VHL career that may have kept me out for this long (I mean there were years when no builders were picked, so it's not like I was being passed over for more deserving candidates, although there definitely have been plenty of deserving candidates who have gotten in).

Not really.  I mean..there were a few more legitimate reasons brought up but there were a lot of times you were pretty close.  We have a rule where you need a certain percentage to get in and I think that probably didn't help but you were mentioned when some of the past few have gotten in.

I think, to be honest, some people (including myself) forget how integral you were to the league in the 20's and chose to remember your later years as a GM, which some deem perhaps not as impressive.

Either way, well deserved and congrats :)

6 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

while I still think everything I said was true, the notion of holding off until the member is less active so as to get a fuller notion of their contribution was brought up to me a few times and ultimately it proved true as I've greatly declined in activity in the recent months/year

And in line with my previous post (and I mean this mostly in a joking manner, but it's hard to deny there is some truth to it) - that idea would have been proven true even if you had been voted in during one of the seasons later in your GM tenure.