CGY/QUE; S52

eaglesfan036

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Different though. I signed them with the purpose of winning, but with a competitive conference (oddly competitive), we were unable to fully contend and would likely miss playoffs. I told the FA's when they first signed that if things didn't work out, I would accommodate them and move them to a team where they had a chance. So it wasn't me signing and trading for profit. It was me keeping my word and helping them try to win rather than sign with us and then sit and watch other teams play in the playoffs. So is that really bad? I told them to do it and some of the others like Mueller had asked to do so if it came down to that - so why not help them and do what we agreed upon when they signed? Would be worse for me if I said "OH YEAH, If we our out of a playoff spot, Ill help you and move you to a contending team" and then not follow through on that..

In this situation, you make a deal with a team to sign a player for cheaper to work around the cap. Either way, I'm not bothered by this. I see the point of it. I was just explaining S49 seeing as you like to bring it up weekly along with some other people. 

If I recall, S49 is a part of the VHL's history...but I could be wrong.

What you did isn't bad, but this isn't either. Sending PM's and tampering is illegal, this isn't.

13 hours ago, Kendrick said:

If I recall, S49 is a part of the VHL's history...but I could be wrong.

What you did isn't bad, but this isn't either. Sending PM's and tampering is illegal, this isn't.

I havent tampered on here, so why do you continuously bring something up that happened years ago on another site? What's the purpose?

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

I havent tampered on here, so why do you continuously bring something up that happened years ago on another site? What's the purpose?

I didn't...I stated that tampering itself is illegal. You are the one who keeps relating it to yourself haha. People are allowed to make points on a general topic.

• Will locked this topic