The Perfect Hall of Fame Skater Build That Scientists Don't Want You To Find Out!

Tagger

Checking - Get that to 99. If you're a great hitter, that works in your favour for Hall of Fame consideration

Discipline - Get this to 99 as stated above

Skating - Get this to 99. If you can avoid the opposition, your chances of doing something good with the puck will increase

Strength - Get this to 99, more strength is never a bad thing

Puck Handling - Get this to 99, I think a lot of people have said this is a very important attribute. 

Face-Offs - Get this to 99 if you're a center. If you're a winger, you may as well get this to 99 as well. Now that I think about it, it's not going to hurt your defenseman's chance at the HOF either, so get that to 99 as well.

Passing - I'd get this to 99 tbh, it should help with getting you assists.

Scoring - Again, I'd have to say you should look to up this to 99. Putting the puck in the back of the net is a key hockey skill.

Defense - Despite the name of the attribute, this is useful for players at every position, so get this to 99.

Penalty Shot - No-one's even sure if this attribute works, best get it to 99 though in case it does. 

Experience - You can't add this by normal means, but you can purchase experience points in the player store and earn them at the end of the season. Use them to get this to 99.

Leadership - Like Penalty Shot, we're not entirely sure how it works, so it's in your best interest to get it to 99 to make sure you're ahead of the game in-case it's found to be a game-breaker.

Fighting - Keep this at 40. PIM's are stupid.

TL;DR

CK = Checking: 99
FG = Fighting: 40
DI = Discipline: 99
SK = Skating: 99
ST = Strength: 99
PH = Puck Handling: 99
FO = Face Offs: 99
PA = Passing: 99
SC = Scoring: 99
DF = Defense: 99
PS = Penalty Shot: 99