S54 McNugget Spoiler Draft [1/2]

Frank

47371530.cached.jpg

1. :tor: Toronto Legion - Markus King @Kendrick

In this mock draft the best player in the draft goes first overall. Call it a hunch or a recent conversation with Toronto GM @DollarAndADream but I suspect the Legion locker room would be awful lonely with 2 players from the same member. After signing center prospect Bo Boeser it only makes sense that with the lack of goalies in Season 55 that they take the best goalie available here. 

2. :dav: Davos Dynamo - Pablo @Pablo 

This pick is a little more interesting. There have been rumors that @Smarch doesn't want any welfare players so given Brovy's track record with point tasks as well as being a long time updater I believe Smarch will see the most potential of all the forwards with Brovy as he has shown to be the most consistent over his career on the VHL in his activity. 

3. :hel: Helsinki Titans - Fook Yu @tfong 

Helsinki's pretty much set at center ice with Franchise Cornerstone but the Titans won't pass up the best player available. Tfong is as much as a sure thing as you can get at the VHL draft though he may claim welfare in his career he is still a safe bet to hit that coveted 800 TPE mark as shown with his previous players. Helsinki will have one of the strongest one two punches in the league down the road. 

4. :rig: Riga Reign - Torstein Ironside @DollarAndADream

@hedgehog337 is pleasantly surprised that Ironside falls to him after many predicted he would go to Toronto. Riga is just entering a rebuild and need help at every position. DollarandADream is probably the player of the highest character in this draft. So I don't think the fact he is a GM player scares Riga. Riga will be set in net for seasons to come and can focus on more pressing needs and moving out older assets. 

5. :que: Quebec City Meute - Takashi Fujimoto @HFD

Though Quebec already has a first line winger in John Locke, there's a mcnugget promise that must be upheld. Quebec realizes they need to help out Fabio Jokinen on defense but assume their will be opportunities either later in the draft or down the road via trade. Frank considered one of the more unorthodox GM's in the league, surprises no one here. 

6. :sto: Stockholm Vikings - Shawn Gretzky @TheLastOlympian07

@Advantage and Stockholm much like Helsinki run up to the podium to make this selection. Shawn Gretzky is gaining ground on Fook Yu to be the best forward in the draft. Although TheLastOlympian doesn't have as steady a track record as Tfong, he has had his fair share of dips in activity in the past. Stockholm doesn't pass on the potential of a number one center in the middle of the first round. Stockholm replaces TheLastOlympians former player Shawn Muller with the current Shawn Gretzky. 

7. :hel: Helsinki Titans -  Hudson Abbott @Bushito

Helsinki needs defense so the fact that Abbott fell this far shows the depth of this 1st round. Though they currently have arguably the best defenseman in the VHL in Black Velvet, he is entering depreciation. So they will need to replace him and with the way Bushito is earning TPE I doubt he will be disappointing whoever selects him. He could be the second highest TPE earner in this draft when it's all said and done (I don't think anyone passes Kendrick). The fact there's a number one defenseman available at 7th overall probably ends up giving @Higgins a heart attack. Also @Da Trifecta breathes a sigh of relief he's still the goalie of the future.  

8. :que: Quebec City Meute - Vernon Von Axelberry @BobertZ

Speaking of goalies Quebec actually manages to surprise everyone. With Quebec already touting Apollo Skye as the starter and Edwin Endcarnacion it's probably time to bring in a third string. Quebec is looking to break records, why have two 400+ tpe goalies when you can have 3? Some people will assume this pick isn't serious, especially Robbie who is hoping to fall out of the 1st round. Much like @Salt thought he would fall out of the 1st round of Season 52. Quebec's gonna turn some heads just you watch. 

9. :nya-old: New York Americans - Aleksei Federov @Banackock

Those who know me (Frank) know that I don't value GM's second players as I don't see the motivation to make other team's players better. So if you had Quebec taking any GM player at 5th or 8th in your mocks, I've got bad news for ya. Although Federov is the best defenseman in the draft he drops to number 9 which despite what some may think is not as easy a pick for New York. As Banackock is GM of Seattle and this is his player, how active will he be once he goes to New York and starts beating on his old team. But I believe @Devise goes with the best player available despite the possibilities of free agency down the road. New York is in win now mode and Federov even if only around for 3 seasons will help them immensely. 

10. :cal: Calgary Wranglers - Jon Snow @ChiefNoka4

@eaglesfan036 likes to go against the grain and I can't see him selecting rival GM Devise. Jon Snow has shown a ton of promise the past month and could easily be the surprise of the draft. 

For Gaudette.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to S54 McNugget Spoiler Draft [1/2]